THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Should I take the PPI's?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Summerside
Advanced
Posts: 145
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 10:06 pm
Location: Edmonton
Gender:

Should I take the PPI's?

Post by Summerside »

Hey guys,
I got a prescription for a PPI drug for 3 month from my doctor for internal medicine.
I have bad sour taste in my mouth, bb, pressure in my stomach that comes and goea and constant hunger.
He suggested to take the drug for 3 month or until I see the GI doctor he refered me too. (Wait time can be 3 month here)

He said there is no such thing as low stomach acid, only neutral or high.

Can the GI doctor test my stomach acid level?
If so why should I take this drug if I dont even know if my acid levrl is high?

Thanks for your advice
Dead
Advanced
Posts: 162
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:32 pm
Gender:

Re: Should I take the PPI's?

Post by Dead »

The first thing the GI doctor will do is probably put you on that medication to rule out GERD or reflux as the cause. So it's probably better if you have already tried it.
Summerside
Advanced
Posts: 145
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 10:06 pm
Location: Edmonton
Gender:

Re: Should I take the PPI's?

Post by Summerside »

Dead wrote:The first thing the GI doctor will do is probably put you on that medication to rule out GERD or reflux as the cause. So it's probably better if you have already tried it.
Do those meds even help with gerd or reflux? What is the difference? I do not have heartburn
Thanks
Summerside
Advanced
Posts: 145
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 10:06 pm
Location: Edmonton
Gender:

Re: Should I take the PPI's?

Post by Summerside »

Dead wrote:The first thing the GI doctor will do is probably put you on that medication to rule out GERD or reflux as the cause. So it's probably better if you have already tried it.

Can those meds help with silent gerd?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗