This is such a weird problem. I will be able to sit in classes at college, pass job interviews, be intimate with girls etc without a problem. However, every 2 months or so I will have someone around me say "did you fart", "did you ****", "it smells like **** in here", "something smells". I will try to smell it too, but I can never smell anything.
I'm completely at a loss, I'm trying to figure out what this problem is, and why it is happening.
I also believe the possibility that it could be a psychological problem, and I am overthinking what these people are saying. I have a history of OCD and obsessive thoughts, so it is plausible.
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Random offensive odour
-
DanielPine
- Advanced
- Posts: 179
- Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:22 am
- Location: Australia
- Gender:
Re: Random offensive odour
This is exactly what I deal with. It's so frustrating because it's harder to pinpoint what the source or cause is. Sometimes I wonder if it comes from my throat. When you swallow, do you sometimes have a faint bad taste in your throat? That's something I've noticed lately, and it's only sometimes.
I doubted these comments were even about me until one night it happened twice and I was sure it was me. I couldn't smell my own breath but once I stuck my finger as far back as I could on my tongue, my finger smelled terrible. (I know it's disgusting.)
But now that I've taken to tongue brushing and gargling I don't find the smell on the back of my tongue as easily. There's usually some sort of smell but it isn't a nasty putrid smell. And I've still heard comments even after taking up extreme dental hygiene habits.
Maybe you have post nasal drip in your throat like I think I do. Do you notice a lot of mucous and threat clearing?
I've also noticed when I'm nervous or my mouth is dry (beer and wine make it worse) I seem to get comments.
I also have impacted wisdom teeth which smell if you rub them but I don't know if the smell is strong enough to come out onto my breath.
I doubted these comments were even about me until one night it happened twice and I was sure it was me. I couldn't smell my own breath but once I stuck my finger as far back as I could on my tongue, my finger smelled terrible. (I know it's disgusting.)
But now that I've taken to tongue brushing and gargling I don't find the smell on the back of my tongue as easily. There's usually some sort of smell but it isn't a nasty putrid smell. And I've still heard comments even after taking up extreme dental hygiene habits.
Maybe you have post nasal drip in your throat like I think I do. Do you notice a lot of mucous and threat clearing?
I've also noticed when I'm nervous or my mouth is dry (beer and wine make it worse) I seem to get comments.
I also have impacted wisdom teeth which smell if you rub them but I don't know if the smell is strong enough to come out onto my breath.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.