So anyways, my breath comes from the back of my tongue. I'm pretty sure it's from post nasal drip, as I always have mucus in my throat and have to constantly struggle to clear it either by swallowing or hacking it up. I'll scrape the white away on my tongue and it'll be back within hours. Very bad in the mornings.
So what I do to test it is I take my finger and rub it on the back of my tongue, but if I just smell my finger there's no smell. So then I have to rub the finger on the back of my hand. Then wait about 10 seconds and there is usually always a smell ranging from either faint and "tangy" to almost like garbage (in the mornings.)
Does anyone else do this? If you do try it, let me know what you notice. I start to wonder "doesn't the back of everyone's tongue have to have SOME sort of smell?!" I mean we eat and drink shit all day, I can't imagine there ever being no odors back there. But maybe I'm just trying to make myself feel better. Cause while the comments for me aren't as frequent as they were when I first realized I had bb, they still come around. Maybe 1-3 times a month. It's never direct, just "did someone fart." And the only one I've spoken to about it is my mom who says no, you don't have a problem and she says I would tell you if you did, because she sees how depressed it makes me and she actively wants to help and will listen to me ramble for hours about it. My boyfriend never has said anything about it and we are together every single day, and I've been in many unfortunate situations where I run out of mouthwash/don't brush right away on the mornings, and it makes me wish he'd just say "hey I notice you have shit breath" so I could at least stop wondering if it's as bad as I think it is! However when I feel like I smell, I'll vaguely ask him "hey I feel gross do I stink?" And he will say "no, I'm in the same car with you, I could tell and I would tell you."
