Your Email Address:

First Name:

Vitamin Water

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
issy154
Junior

Vitamin Water

Post by issy154 »

So here's my daily regime:

Floss twice a day, scrape tongue, two pumps of smarthmouth on my toothpaste and brush for two minutes, especially my tongue and as far back as I can go, and I drink these and they seem to be helping:

When I test my breath on my sister and brother at random times of the day they say my breath just smells like breath, and not the usual fart smell they say.

I dunno, I think it may be just because I floss my teeth twice a day instead of one, and I use a tongue scraper now.

issy154
Junior

Post by issy154 »

Either way, I think you should try these, because they have 100 percent vitamin C in every serving, and is healthier than pills since it's just water with vitamins in it.
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

Tongue scrapers are useless. Get a tung brush with tung gel.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

Issy if you are a gfr of 50 Cent say hello to him for me :D
austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

tongue scrapers are not useless it cleans my tongue just fine

from what i hear the TUNG brush is better but tongue scraper is not useless :x
issy154
Junior

Post by issy154 »

The tungbrush is just like a regular toothbrush. I like the tongue scraper more.
austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

right on give me some skin sista
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

austuser wrote:tongue scrapers are not useless it cleans my tongue just fine

from what i hear the TUNG brush is better but tongue scraper is not useless :x
1. Same price or even less sometimes.
2. Takes 1/10 time and effort
3. Cleans much, MUCH better than any tongue scraper.
4. Since when cleaning a very rough surface with a flat or semi-flat hard object is considered logical?

This proves that it's completely useless. I've thrown mine away and it's of the very few times where I found a product that works as advertised. If you haven't tried a tung brush and still think that tongue scrapers are ok, well, then stop giving away wrong information :P
Get one, you won't regret it.
issy154 wrote:The tungbrush is just like a regular toothbrush. I like the tongue scraper more.
Again if you don't know, haven't tried and compared yourself, don't confuse other people :roll: Tung brush has nothing to do with a regular toothbrush, nothing at all. No tongue scraper can clean as good as a tung brush, it's simple mechanics, noone can deny that.
austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

no you made the brash statement that tongue scrapers are useless, meaning they do not clean the tongue. They work for me so i corrected you in saying they are not useless, because they infact clean my tongue.
austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

and can i just clarify something because i think we are talking abouit different things.

A tongue scraper ALONE is absolutely useless. Thats for damn sure.

When i say a tongue scraper works, i mean of course after you have used a TOOTHBRUSH with tongue gel and then the tongue scraper is used to just clean away the debris.

So it is actually the toothbrush that is doing the job. I think of a tongue scraper in the sense of how i was first taught to use it, as a tool to use AFTER the tongue has been properly cleaned with a gel and toothbrush. So in that sense, we are really debating the TOOTHBRUSH against the TUNG brush. Which of course if the TUNG brush has a larger surface area, will be quicker. But i still perfectly clean my tongue with a regular toothbrush, gel and scraper.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

Anyway, I use a scraper (and my super clean fingers at the very far back) and it's all fine and dandy. I guess the idea is that because the tongue is soft and flexible, even the Scraper can get some stuff out. I have a Tung Brush too. Didn't notice much difference :oops:

What gels would you guys recommend? Any available online? Do they all contain Zinc? Zinc dries my mouth so would like to avoid :oops: Did no-one else have a problem with this?

:-({|=
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

Larc: Yes the tung gel I use has zinc but it doesn't dry my mouth.

Austuser: I said it before and I'll say it again, the toothbrush has nothing to do with a tung brush. Tung brush has very hard and dense bristles. Just because they have both "brush" in their name doesn't mean they're the same. Don't jump to conclusions without using both for a period of time. I've used tongue scrapers for a few years and the tung brush for a year and both do the same job only the tung brush DOES in fact clean your tongue instead of barely cleaning the stuff that's on the surface of the tongue.

Tung brushes are the evolution of tongue cleaning. When more and more people start using the tung brush or similar products, tongue scrapers will stop being produced.
austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

ok i just ordered a freakin TUNG brush ](*,)
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

noptical wrote:Larc: Yes the tung gel I use has zinc but it doesn't dry my mouth.
What's it called baby? 8)
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

Larc400 wrote:
noptical wrote:Larc: Yes the tung gel I use has zinc but it doesn't dry my mouth.
What's it called baby? 8)
It's called TUNG gel :P It is made to be used with the TUNG brush. There is even a small (very small) sample with it.
austuser wrote:ok i just ordered a freakin TUNG brush ](*,)
Good, now completely replace your tongue scraper with it and use it for at least a week and then tell us how it works (it takes some time for your tongue to adapt to it) :)

Btw, I thought you got complete relief from SmartMouth?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic