Page 1 of 2
Yahoo group???
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:11 pm
by jess
Since yesterday I've been trying to log in the yahoo group and all I get is a message saying that BreathHelp4U doesn't exist. Does anyone know what's going on?
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:01 am
by Iris
I am also wondering what happened to yahoo group. Does any one know?
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:30 am
by deekey
been wondering the same thing
Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:30 am
by Gloria
I heard the owner/moderator shut it down. Reason unknown.
Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:03 am
by mike987
is this the only haven for bb sufferers on all of the net?

Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:33 am
by Gloria
mike987 wrote:is this the only haven for bb sufferers on all of the net?

What do you mean?
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:41 am
by hopeful
As far as I know, this is the only site dedicated to halitosis. There are other boards that cover specific health topics but none that are specifically set up just for bb. We are lucky that Jimi has taken the initiative. Very lucky. I've learned so much since coming here(though I've gotten a lot more paranoid as well...).
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:51 pm
by Jimi Stein
I think Laura shut it down, but that is really a bad thing to do. I know everybody moved here but still that was not the reason to shut it down.
Yahoo boards RIP
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:02 pm
by Gloria
[quote="Jimi"]I think Laura shut it down, but that is really a bad thing to do. I know everybody moved here but still that was not the reason to shut it down.
Yahoo boards RIP[/quoteN
Not everybody moved here. Some found this site user unfriendly and/or they were comfortable at Yahoo. I left the Yahoo group because there was a person there that was on a totally different page from me and was dominating the group. I joined here but didn't participate because I found that same person here. They seem to have now just disappeared.
Nobody seems to know why the group is gone. I thought the group's owner was the only one who could shut down and I never thought Laura was the owner. A Dr. Al started the group and was listed as the owner. Perhaps he turned more responsibility over to Laura than I thought. I also think it was a bad thing to shut it down without offering the members the opportunity to know what was going on. Almost a little selfish....it's like they were saying this is what I want and I don't give a f...k about anybody else.
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:23 pm
by jess
I find it strange that Laura didn't let the members know why the site had shut down. She could've done it even on this site, as she used to post here sometimes. Saying that, however, I'm not blaming her or anything like that cause I don't know exactly what's going on with her. Maybe she's sick or something, and she can't post.
Next time a regular member decides not to be posting on this site anymore it would be a good idea that he/she let everyone know of it though. Cause it's like a community here and it's not good for someone, especially someone who used to post regularly, to just vanish all of a sudden.
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:31 pm
by Jimi Stein
Look i do not know if Laura shut it down but it was under her command, And all those posts are deleted.
SO we have to keep alive at least this site. And we have to keep atmosphere friendly and enjoyable for everybody. Those who do not agree will of course be directed back to Naziboards where they can post freely what they think.
It is so easy to let a website to destroy itself. But this will not happen here.
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:45 pm
by nc
I was a member of the Yahoo group for 4+ years(has bb for 20 years), read majority of the posts, but seldom posted. It was like a family to me. I'm glad I found this site. Thanks Jimi for creating this. Last time I heard, Laura was sick. I hope she's fine now.
Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:23 pm
by oceanside
Dear members of Breathhelp4u,
Yes, Laura Hart shut down site. She has been going throgh much grief in her life, dealing with more than many people can ever imagine. Susie and I spoke over the telehpone concerning the site.
Here is the email Susie forwarded to me from Laura Hart,
It's understandable that many of us have such difficulties dealing with so many things in our lives but hope is all we have.
I am forwarding this email because I believe many of us are wondering why and there isn't anything containing in this email that is confidential.
-------Original Message-------
From: Laura Hart
Date: 08/01/07 15:33:19
To:
[email protected]
Subject: I'm okay, but out of town
Susie:
I'm sorry to have scared you. I went crazy; my mom was missing; she's crazy
too. I'm in Arizona. I'll call you when I get back.
I don't know what got into me but I closed down the site. Maybe we can start
it over when I get back. I might want move over here though. Talk soon.
Laura
And thanks for your concern. Yes, we are Aries. (I was close to going
postal)
Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:47 pm
by Jimi Stein
Wow, she really had a hard time working on the yahoo site, it took here whole 1 minute per month and she had to shut it down.
What an irresponsible person.

Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:38 pm
by oceanside
There is more to the story than that. Laura is an amazing woman. Yes, she has her weaknesses just like all of us. However, I have faith that Laura Hart will be fine. She has been a frind to many of us at yahoo and a leader.
JOHN