Mouth breath mild chronic sinusitis… post nasal drip white tongue
Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:32 am
Hi,
I have mild patchy sinisitis which i think causes me to breath through the mouth. It also causes post nasal dripand throat clearing. I also have mild deviation of the nasal septum to the left… which ENT says is normal and not be treated. Left maxillary sinus has a septum which dr says could be causing sinusitis and post nasal drip, for which he has advised left sided FESS.
Has anyone here got relief from bb after FESS? Can chronic mouth breathing especially while sleeping cause bb?
I also have tongue thrust. I m going to do a sleep study test next week to rule out obstructive sleep apnea. Dentist told me that white tongue could be due to mouth breathing and its not thrush and white coating does not go away with scraping. I do not have nasal odor. Saliva lick test is positive.
I have mild patchy sinisitis which i think causes me to breath through the mouth. It also causes post nasal dripand throat clearing. I also have mild deviation of the nasal septum to the left… which ENT says is normal and not be treated. Left maxillary sinus has a septum which dr says could be causing sinusitis and post nasal drip, for which he has advised left sided FESS.
Has anyone here got relief from bb after FESS? Can chronic mouth breathing especially while sleeping cause bb?
I also have tongue thrust. I m going to do a sleep study test next week to rule out obstructive sleep apnea. Dentist told me that white tongue could be due to mouth breathing and its not thrush and white coating does not go away with scraping. I do not have nasal odor. Saliva lick test is positive.