THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Tongue coating some observations and what helped
-
impactdial
- Newbie
- Posts: 39
- Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:22 pm
Tongue coating some observations and what helped
Ok so a few months ago I took an antihistamine...it actually removed the thick tongue coating from the back, but it left me with a really sore throat.
It got me thinking that perhaps maybe my issue is Lpr, reason being that removing the mucus should not make my throat hurt unless the mucus was protecting my throat against something.
I thought the idea might be a bit far fetched so I didn't get the ppi tablets right away. But recently I just thought f*** it, I might aswell try a two week dose and see.
Turns out it removed the thick coating, this was after just over a week on the tablets. I did use an antifungal gel before I started the nexium and continued to use it for a little bit whilst taking the nexium but I'm 100% sure it was the ppi that removed the coating because the gel did f*** all for a good few days before starting the nexium.
So the back of my tongue still looks a little rough (not coated though) and I'm not sure if much has changed in terms of odour yet.
Ive noticed that when I'm in stressful situations my tongue gets really white, it's not a coating though it's more like the papillae are irritated I think.
So I think Lpr and stress are the main contributors to my tongue being white....again this is only aesthetics......I'll have to get proper feedback about my actual breath.
And seeing as I have body odor issues aswell it could all just be tmau lol. But hopefully this is informative to somebody.
It got me thinking that perhaps maybe my issue is Lpr, reason being that removing the mucus should not make my throat hurt unless the mucus was protecting my throat against something.
I thought the idea might be a bit far fetched so I didn't get the ppi tablets right away. But recently I just thought f*** it, I might aswell try a two week dose and see.
Turns out it removed the thick coating, this was after just over a week on the tablets. I did use an antifungal gel before I started the nexium and continued to use it for a little bit whilst taking the nexium but I'm 100% sure it was the ppi that removed the coating because the gel did f*** all for a good few days before starting the nexium.
So the back of my tongue still looks a little rough (not coated though) and I'm not sure if much has changed in terms of odour yet.
Ive noticed that when I'm in stressful situations my tongue gets really white, it's not a coating though it's more like the papillae are irritated I think.
So I think Lpr and stress are the main contributors to my tongue being white....again this is only aesthetics......I'll have to get proper feedback about my actual breath.
And seeing as I have body odor issues aswell it could all just be tmau lol. But hopefully this is informative to somebody.
Re: Tongue coating some observations and what helped
How bad is your BO? Can it be controlled by antiperspirant? Mine only goes out of control when I'm extremely nervous, which only happens once in a blue moon. Otherwise, it's not that bad (I guess). Would like to get tested for TMAU anyway, just not sure which hospital offer the test.
Re: Tongue coating some observations and what helped
Body odor and bad breath are not only related to TMAU.It's related to candida and parasites as well.Do you have problems with gut?
Re: Tongue coating some observations and what helped
I don't think so. Initially, I got hungry merely one or two hours after meals and my stomach growled super loudly. I'm skinny and ate an average portion size. However, that was one year ago. Come to think of it, I also get constipation easily.
I have tried anti fungal meds to no avail.
I have tried anti fungal meds to no avail.
-
Attraction
- Advanced
- Posts: 121
- Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:40 pm
- Gender:
- Contact:
Re: Tongue coating some observations and what helped
FYI, Kelp+Zinc works great against TMAU. I don't know how or why, but it works. Don't take my word for it, Google!winter wrote:How bad is your BO? Can it be controlled by antiperspirant? Mine only goes out of control when I'm extremely nervous, which only happens once in a blue moon. Otherwise, it's not that bad (I guess). Would like to get tested for TMAU anyway, just not sure which hospital offer the test.
Re: Tongue coating some observations and what helped
Attraction wrote:FYI, Kelp+Zinc works great against TMAU. I don't know how or why, but it works. Don't take my word for it, Google!
Any idea where I can get tested in Asia? Don't want to mess myself up further. I had taken lots of medicines and supplements to no avail.
Re: Tongue coating some observations and what helped
Attraction wrote:FYI, Kelp+Zinc works great against TMAU. I don't know how or why, but it works. Don't take my word for it, Google!winter wrote:How bad is your BO? Can it be controlled by antiperspirant? Mine only goes out of control when I'm extremely nervous, which only happens once in a blue moon. Otherwise, it's not that bad (I guess). Would like to get tested for TMAU anyway, just not sure which hospital offer the test.
What is FYI?
Re: Tongue coating some observations and what helped
FYI stands for "for your information"
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.