Page 1 of 1

Adenoids question

Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:26 pm
by HotelTrivago
Anyone cured Nasal and or mouth breath from an adenoidectomy? I got my tonsils removed and some B.B. went away but not all of it. The doctor told me my tonsils had a lot of stones deep in the crypts. I’m suspecting I still have them in my adenoids and it’s causing nasal/mouth B.B.

Re: Adenoids question

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:55 pm
by Geoffrey
Had my tonsils and adenoids taken out about 8 months ago and unfortunately it did nothing to improve my bad breath.

Re: Adenoids question

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:13 pm
by Dead
You can rule out the adenoids by rubbing them with your finger and then smell it.

Re: Adenoids question

Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:59 pm
by BB---
Dead wrote:You can rule out the adenoids by rubbing them with your finger and then smell it.
How can you reach your adenoids? I though they were way up towards the nose.

Re: Adenoids question

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:28 am
by Dead
BB--- wrote:
Dead wrote:You can rule out the adenoids by rubbing them with your finger and then smell it.
How can you reach your adenoids? I though they were way up towards the nose.
A bit far yes, might be a bit hard the first time, but it's definitely reachable, have done it many times. Just behind the soft palate. Push your fingers to the back of the throat, palm facing upwards, then just slide one finger past the soft palate.

Re: Adenoids question

Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:08 pm
by BB---
Dead wrote:
BB--- wrote:
Dead wrote:You can rule out the adenoids by rubbing them with your finger and then smell it.
How can you reach your adenoids? I though they were way up towards the nose.
A bit far yes, might be a bit hard the first time, but it's definitely reachable, have done it many times. Just behind the soft palate. Push your fingers to the back of the throat, palm facing upwards, then just slide one finger past the soft palate.
Thanks, I'll give it a shot later on, although after tonsillectomy the remaining smell seems to be coming from the far back of the tongue (lingual tonsils perhaps)

Re: Adenoids question

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:12 pm
by nomorebadbreath
Go get your sinuses checked .
PND due to Sinusitis or Allergic Rhinitis is first culprit when you have bb even after tonsillectomy .
your tonsil stones may be because of PND . so cure it and see what will happen before taking your tonsils out !

Re: Adenoids question

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:01 pm
by BB---
nomorebadbreath wrote:Go get your sinuses checked .
PND due to Sinusitis or Allergic Rhinitis is first culprit when you have bb even after tonsillectomy .
your tonsil stones may be because of PND . so cure it and see what will happen before taking your tonsils out !
During the tonsillectomy (and septoplasty) I had my sinuses washed.
Anyways, since the surgery my bb has gone down a lot. I still need to thoroughly brush my tongue 2 or 3 times per day (any time I brush my teeth, basically) but my bb has gone down A LOT.

Re: Adenoids question

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:03 am
by khalid

Re: Adenoids question

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:33 pm
by BB---
Thanks, this is super informative.
I also happen to have some spare doxy at home so I'll try it out.