Page 1 of 1

ENT said there was nothing wrong with my Adenoids or Tonsils, what now

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:55 pm
by Foxro
So I went to the ENT today, told him about my bad breath and nasal odor and how I think the problem is coming from the adenoid area, he checked it out with an endoscope and said everything looked fine. I was so sure that my adenoids were infected or had tonsil stones in them, but I guess not. I don't know what to do now. The only other thing that could be causing my problem is my wisdom teeth, but I doubt that. I think I'm going to wait till I'm 18, save up money, and get a tonsillectomy, because I really do think my tonsils and/or adenoids are the problem. He tried to tell me it was acid reflux, I highly doubt its that because I dont suffer from any of the symptoms that come with acid reflux. Oh, and I have a white coating on my tongue btw.

Re: ENT said there was nothing wrong with my Adenoids or Tonsils, what now

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:13 pm
by lolla123
You could try getting a second opinion from another ENT if you have the means for it, sometimes some doctors spot issues that can perhaps be overlooked by others, why do you think the bb is definitely from the adenoids and tonsils? Is there a clear smell to them or tonsil stones and such? Also do you get any smell around your wisdom teeth or any impaction that could make them trap bacteria? Best of luck

Re: ENT said there was nothing wrong with my Adenoids or Tonsils, what now

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:48 pm
by Dead
You really should do CT scan of your sinuses if you have nasal odor. Also you can check if your adenoids smell by rubbing them with your finger and smell it

Re: ENT said there was nothing wrong with my Adenoids or Tonsils, what now

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:37 pm
by Foxro
lolla123 wrote:You could try getting a second opinion from another ENT if you have the means for it, sometimes some doctors spot issues that can perhaps be overlooked by others, why do you think the bb is definitely from the adenoids and tonsils? Is there a clear smell to them or tonsil stones and such? Also do you get any smell around your wisdom teeth or any impaction that could make them trap bacteria? Best of luck
The reason I think its either my adenoids or tonsils is because I was coughing up tonsil stones ealier in the year that smells a lot like my bad breathe and nasal odor, however, I didn't know where they were coming from because my tonsils aren't swollen at all and are hidden behind the tonsil pillers, so I assumed they were coming from my adenoids. When I put my fingers on my tonsils there is no odor either. Nor is there any odor from my wisdom teeth when rubbing them. But the bad taste in my mouth seems to be coming from back of my mouth, above the soft palate. The only thing they found was that my right turbinate was swollen, which would mean that I have a deviated septum. But I'm not sure if that could be causing my bad breath and nasal odor. Also I don't want to bother my mom about the issue anymore, but I could maybe wait a couple weeks, and tell her that the nasal odor is still happening and see if we could see another ENT. I'm really getting tired of this nasal odor and bad breath, especially the nasal odor, and I really want my social life back, I honostly thought all my problems were going to be solved today by going to the ENT, but that didn't happen.

Re: ENT said there was nothing wrong with my Adenoids or Tonsils, what now

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:42 pm
by Foxro
Dead wrote:You really should do CT scan of your sinuses if you have nasal odor. Also you can check if your adenoids smell by rubbing them with your finger and smell it
Wouldn't I have to have a reason do a CT scan, I don't have any blocked feeling in my nose, or any symptoms of a sinus infection, so I dont think the doctors would allow me to get a CT scan just because of a nasal odor. Sometimes I wish I could make the doctors do stuff, but I dont want to disrespect them or tell them how to do their job. Sometimes I feel like they don't look hard enough.

Re: ENT said there was nothing wrong with my Adenoids or Tonsils, what now

Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:54 am
by Dead
Foxro wrote:
Dead wrote:You really should do CT scan of your sinuses if you have nasal odor. Also you can check if your adenoids smell by rubbing them with your finger and smell it
Wouldn't I have to have a reason do a CT scan, I don't have any blocked feeling in my nose, or any symptoms of a sinus infection, so I dont think the doctors would allow me to get a CT scan just because of a nasal odor. Sometimes I wish I could make the doctors do stuff, but I dont want to disrespect them or tell them how to do their job. Sometimes I feel like they don't look hard enough.
Having nasal bad breath is reason enough to do a CT scan. In most cases chronic bad breath is not caused by something obvious that a doctor is able to find. It's rare to find one who is actually knowledgable about it. If you want to play by their rules chances are you will never get cured. They dismiss people like us as being either crazy or needing to brush our teeth better. My recommendation would be to lie to them and tell them that you do have sinus pain or something if you want a CT scan. BTW the adenoids don't form stones because unlike the palatine tonsils they don't form crypts. But in rare cases they can form cysts which can become infected.

Re: ENT said there was nothing wrong with my Adenoids or Tonsils, what now

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:09 am
by khalid
my friends check this out it might help

http://www.badbreathhalitosis.com/phpBB ... f=1&t=7222