Page 1 of 1

Can you smell your breath?

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:37 pm
by lolla123
Good day all, I was just wondering, who can smell their own breath? I think I just discovered I can kind of smell mine, only at my college though, I was walking through the halls today and opened my mouth and exhaled and randomly caught a whiff of a bad smell I can’t even tell if it smelled more fecal or fishy tbh but either way it was bad, I then remembered this happened last week too whilst I was taking my exam I started breathing through my mouth (the rare times I concentrate I subconsciously breathe through my mouth lol) and smelled a strong smell the same I smelled today and I know it was me because I was sat by myself writing and it was clearly coming from my mouth... if that’s what my bb smells like then damn lol, however the smell went for a bit after swallowing and drinking water only to return after minutes mm I have never been able to smell myself before, this and last week are the only times and I can’t ever smell that smell when i’m at home or even outside, it’s like there’s something in that environment that lets me catch whiffs of my bb.. don’t know if it’s getting worse or i’m just so aware of It now... do any of you experience this? Or have experienced something like this? (especially in an environment that’s not your house?)

Re: Can you smell your breath?

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:09 pm
by nenis
Rarely i can smell my bb.Some times when i wake up i can feel it.Sometimes when ever i eat spices i can feel a change in odour but cant judge what it smells like . Sonetimes When ever i bowl in cricket or run for long time in fielding and then if i sit to take rest i smell it but rarely
But the problem is i cant distinguish what type of smell it is....

Re: Can you smell your breath?

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:58 pm
by Helpus
Try breathing on a mirror then rub it with a dry cloth or kitchen paper then smell

Re: Can you smell your breath?

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:09 pm
by BB---
Tucking my head into my tee or shirt and breathing through my mouth is what I do. However, I am aware it is unreliable.
It is always best to ask somebody. To win over your shyness, it is best to ask to somebody who won't be very judgmental such:
1) an ENT
2) a priest
3) a kid
4) a member of this community living close to you.

Most important thing, you gotta tell them to be sincere.

Even there, you may be getting different reactions. I know a person who could easily tell me that my breath stank (that before the tonsillectomy, he hasn't commented ever since).
Other people would take a step away but others would come next to me and never get a reaction. Actually, they would keep on coming closer and closer.
I guess some people have simply a very sensitive nose while others don't.

Re: Can you smell your breath?

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:11 am
by Varughese
The priest suggestion made me chuckle, but that's actually a good one. Just go with a younger dude and explain what's going on. I'm sure they would be happy to help. I might try this out, in fact.

Re: Can you smell your breath?

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:29 pm
by winter
@lolla, I caught a few whiffs once in a blue moon when the problem just started for a few months. They were the typical bad breath smell. I believe I was already having constant BB at that time. So I'm not sure if the whiffs and the constant BB were 2 different smells or the whiffs were somehow a lot more potent.

@BB
Most doctors would tell you they couldn't smell anything.

Most young kids don't react. Some kids always looked for me to play with them. The older ones (early teens) might be straightforward, but they would be scolded by their parents and stop commenting after that.

Meeting someone in this community should be the best way. A few people have met up, but somehow they couldn't smell each other. Surprisingly, we could smell random stranger's BB.

Not sure if it would work with a priest lol

Re: Can you smell your breath?

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:54 pm
by BB---
Varughese wrote:The priest suggestion made me chuckle, but that's actually a good one. Just go with a younger dude and explain what's going on. I'm sure they would be happy to help. I might try this out, in fact.[/quote
winter wrote:@lolla, I caught a few whiffs once in a blue moon when the problem just started for a few months. They were the typical bad breath smell. I believe I was already having constant BB at that time. So I'm not sure if the whiffs and the constant BB were 2 different smells or the whiffs were somehow a lot more potent.

@BB
Most doctors would tell you they couldn't smell anything.

Most young kids don't react. Some kids always looked for me to play with them. The older ones (early teens) might be straightforward, but they would be scolded by their parents and stop commenting after that.

Meeting someone in this community should be the best way. A few people have met up, but somehow they couldn't smell each other. Surprisingly, we could smell random stranger's BB.

Not sure if it would work with a priest lol
I am an atheist but I think priests are a good option because

1) they are random people but they can be approached more easily compared to a random guy on the streets
2) they tend to be non-judgemental
3) they tend to gossip so make sure you ask a priest from another town or your whole neighborhood will know you have got bb

It is important we tell people to be sincere. Different doctors told me different stories, so we gotta ask more people.
About the kids you are right. Thing is, it's not easy to meet up with people from this community.

Re: Can you smell your breath?

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:22 pm
by winter
BB--- wrote:
Varughese wrote:The priest suggestion made me chuckle, but that's actually a good one. Just go with a younger dude and explain what's going on. I'm sure they would be happy to help. I might try this out, in fact.[/quote
winter wrote:@lolla, I caught a few whiffs once in a blue moon when the problem just started for a few months. They were the typical bad breath smell. I believe I was already having constant BB at that time. So I'm not sure if the whiffs and the constant BB were 2 different smells or the whiffs were somehow a lot more potent.

@BB
Most doctors would tell you they couldn't smell anything.

Most young kids don't react. Some kids always looked for me to play with them. The older ones (early teens) might be straightforward, but they would be scolded by their parents and stop commenting after that.

Meeting someone in this community should be the best way. A few people have met up, but somehow they couldn't smell each other. Surprisingly, we could smell random stranger's BB.

Not sure if it would work with a priest lol
I am an atheist but I think priests are a good option because

1) they are random people but they can be approached more easily compared to a random guy on the streets
2) they tend to be non-judgemental
3) they tend to gossip so make sure you ask a priest from another town or your whole neighborhood will know you have got bb

It is important we tell people to be sincere. Different doctors told me different stories, so we gotta ask more people.
About the kids you are right. Thing is, it's not easy to meet up with people from this community.
Most people here are open to meeting up for feedback. But strangely we couldn't smell each other.

Re: Can you smell your breath?

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:50 pm
by BB---
winter wrote:
BB--- wrote:
Varughese wrote:The priest suggestion made me chuckle, but that's actually a good one. Just go with a younger dude and explain what's going on. I'm sure they would be happy to help. I might try this out, in fact.[/quote
I am an atheist but I think priests are a good option because

1) they are random people but they can be approached more easily compared to a random guy on the streets
2) they tend to be non-judgemental
3) they tend to gossip so make sure you ask a priest from another town or your whole neighborhood will know you have got bb

It is important we tell people to be sincere. Different doctors told me different stories, so we gotta ask more people.
About the kids you are right. Thing is, it's not easy to meet up with people from this community.
Most people here are open to meeting up for feedback. But strangely we couldn't smell each other.
It's not always easy to meet up with somebody who lives in another country or continent.