BB from allergies and post nasal drip :(
Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:14 am
I've had this for NINE years now and honestly I would prefer to have cancer then this because this has caused me bad breath for almost a decade and made me immensely depressed. I could write a book on my journey to try cure myself but really I just want to vent and maybe get any advice.
The first thing i've done is immunotherapy for 3 years, several years ago and this helped me stop spitting mucous every 5minutes to a few times a day so this has been great. But the bad breath remained.
A white hairy tongue has been my biggest culprit and has been my best friend for all these 9 years, which I think may be caused by the post nasal drip. I've come a long way from the beginning and constant brushing everyday and have finally managed to get it under control. If only you guys could see what it looked like before! I've been the a few doctors who tried anti-fungal and tongue scraping which have all been ineffective. One doctor sad it was filiform papillae overgrowth and that I should just brush it fix it. (obviously haven't). Other things i've tried is nasal irrigation, anti-histamines, steam, nasal sprays, putting salt on my tongue for 5minutes, crying and praying to the fresh breath god.
I've also had different dentist look at my tonsils and all say nothing is wrong with them so I don't think tonsil stones is the reason. My teeth is fine too (no major issues as I brush twice a day and floss).
H.pylori breath test done which was negative. I'm however doing this again as it's been 2 years since my last.
I planned try get an ENT and Gastroenterology appointment and have then specially check me up and HOPEFULLY they fnd something because I am so done guys. I can't live like this anymore. I feel so alone in this struggle as my sister and mother also have allergies but none of these symptoms.
The first thing i've done is immunotherapy for 3 years, several years ago and this helped me stop spitting mucous every 5minutes to a few times a day so this has been great. But the bad breath remained.
A white hairy tongue has been my biggest culprit and has been my best friend for all these 9 years, which I think may be caused by the post nasal drip. I've come a long way from the beginning and constant brushing everyday and have finally managed to get it under control. If only you guys could see what it looked like before! I've been the a few doctors who tried anti-fungal and tongue scraping which have all been ineffective. One doctor sad it was filiform papillae overgrowth and that I should just brush it fix it. (obviously haven't). Other things i've tried is nasal irrigation, anti-histamines, steam, nasal sprays, putting salt on my tongue for 5minutes, crying and praying to the fresh breath god.
I've also had different dentist look at my tonsils and all say nothing is wrong with them so I don't think tonsil stones is the reason. My teeth is fine too (no major issues as I brush twice a day and floss).
H.pylori breath test done which was negative. I'm however doing this again as it's been 2 years since my last.
I planned try get an ENT and Gastroenterology appointment and have then specially check me up and HOPEFULLY they fnd something because I am so done guys. I can't live like this anymore. I feel so alone in this struggle as my sister and mother also have allergies but none of these symptoms.