Page 1 of 1

Question regarding septoplasty

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:49 am
by Batman30
Curious if a deviated septum correction changes the appearance of your nose? Has anyone gone through this procedure?

I have a deviated septum which I think is the cause to my chronic post nasal drip, which is the cause to my sinus BB. It drips down and lodges in my throat and smells like sulfur and fart/ feces etc. we all know the story I know. For example, when I yawn, it smells really bad.

Post nasal drip seems like a simple fix but it’s consistent and very chronic. I’m convinced if I cure that my B.B. will go away or at least be more manageable.

Re: Question regarding septoplasty

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:11 am
by sopo
Mine didn't

Re: Question regarding septoplasty

Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:49 am
by Batman30
sopo wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:11 amMine didn't
Thanks for the reply. Did your surgery help your B.B. at all?

Re: Question regarding septoplasty

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:24 am
by sopo
I don't think so. I don't even know if I have bb from nose.

Re: Question regarding septoplasty

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:35 am
by buddi
Only if your PND is caused by the deviated septum, it would help.. BTW a majority in the world would have a deviated septum.
If your septum is soo badly crooked that it obstructs a normal flow..
But you need to look into other areas in the sinuses aswell.. May b there are any incomplete other septa in between, which are obstructing the normal mucus flow..
Or any unwanted debris lying in some sinuses.. ETC
Best way is to post the CT scan of your sinuses here.. we would be able to read it!