Your Email Address:

First Name:

I think my BB has became worse

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
fornarina
Total Newbie

I think my BB has became worse

Post by fornarina »

I think my BB has becamse worse... a lot worse. Before I only get reaction when I open my mouth and speak to people. But on Saturday, I took a CPR training class. I did not speak a word in class, but the guy who sat right next to me reacted. He covered his nose with his hands, pinched his nose, kept on exhaling and turned his head away from me through out the morning. I think now my BB is coming out from my nose as well. What's happening to me? And the worst part of that day was when we had to get a partner to practice CPR on each other. That unlucky guy who sat right next to me had to be my partner. One of the routine was: when I was the unconcious victim on the ground, he had to lean his head close to me to listen to sign of life. When he did that, he gaged. He freaking gaged! Then he quickly said.. oh my breakfast didn't go down to well. I was so hurt and almost cried. I feel so depressed since. Does that mean not only I need to keep my mouth shut, I have to hold my breath when I'm around people now?
I'm just really sad....

Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

I have the same problem, with it coming through the nose... I can even detect it myself in the morning. Sadly it can surround a person like a cloud even when not speaking. The only thing the ENT doctor has suggested is rinsing with salt water, but it only gives very short-lived relief, if any.

As with anything related to bb, it gets worse when saliva flow is down though. So your first aim should be to try to relax and ignore the problem when with other people. Else the saliva flow will go down (if your tense). Apart from that, you could go to an ENT doctor to check if you have a problem with adenoids/tonsils or something else.

So... regular wash with salt water + keeping up the saliva flow + seeing a doctor = all you can do for now 8)

Warm wishes
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

Hi,
did you cheq if you have some kind of sinus infection???

Do you have tonsil stones???

I think the member waiting for relief wrote a post about a similar situation and she get some relief.... look at her posts...

good luck...
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

You were probably just so anxious about having to do CPR, which intimately involves your mouth and breath. That stress alone is going to increase the effect of BB.

Kudos for doing something like CPR class. I know I wouldn't come near something like that. No offense, but maybe you should have been prepared for the reactions. What if they made you breath down someone's mouth? I would think that it's almost rude on your part to put someone else through that. I know that's not fair, but... if someone had a horribly disgusting skin disorder or burns, would you want them massaging you? You might opt for someone else.
BBNO

Post by BBNO »

This goes out to everyone: Do all the usual oral hygiene procedures and if you still suffer from BB, go to the DOCTOR (GP or ENT). Do not be shy-- Tell them your problem, explain everything you do to prevent it and tell your Dr you want to eliminate the known causes one by one. Be assertive, but not confrontational. If you don't like the Dr's response, go to another. Don't waste anymore time with vitamins or supplements, etc...
For some there may not be a 100% cure, but you won't know if you don't try. DO WHATEVER IT TAKES
cindyscursed

Post by cindyscursed »

omg fornarina, I have exactly the same problem. Mine is 24/7 bb out of nose! I usually boil some vinegar and inhale the fumes, just so that i can get rid of some of the odor from my nose. Well, that just helps a little bit.

Last week i started to take chrolophyll tablets but unfortunately that made my breath even worse!! I had no idea what was happening as chrolophyll's supposed to act as the internal deodorant. I stopped taking the tablets a few days ago and now everything is ok, still have bb out of nose though.... CAN ANYONE HELP? :(
emotional rescue
Sheriff

cindyscursed wrote:omg fornarina, I have exactly the same problem. Mine is 24/7 bb out of nose! I usually boil some vinegar and inhale the fumes, just so that i can get rid of some of the odor from my nose. Well, that just helps a little bit.

Last week i started to take chrolophyll tablets but unfortunately that made my breath even worse!! I had no idea what was happening as chrolophyll's supposed to act as the internal deodorant. I stopped taking the tablets a few days ago and now everything is ok, still have bb out of nose though.... CAN ANYONE HELP? :(
I´m not a doctor, but seems you got a problem in your sinuses, or maybe some serious allergies....do you have pnd??

Please take BBNO advice and go to see an Ent or an allergist and tell him about your problem as soon as you can......

good luck!
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

If you take an antihistamine pill (Clarityn for example) in the evening, the overnight pnd should be decreased. At least it is for me.

I've noticed the pnd itself doesn't smell though. I managed to get some out in it's purest form, and it's transparent, thick and sticky. No aroma whatsoever though. So I guess the traditional view is true: the pnd just feeds the bacteria on your tongue etc, and is therefore only an indirect cause of bb.

Exhaled air passes by the back of the tongue and throat area so a smell from nose exhalation doesn't mean it's a sinus problem. If you can smell it yourself (I can smell mine if it's bad in the morning by just breathing normally through nose into my sheet/pillow) I suggest testing if there's any difference in strength before/after giving the throat/tongue a good cleaning session... ...let us know the result :arrow:

:-({|=
nc
Total Newbie

Post by nc »

Hi,
I have the same problem, with the smell also coming from the nose. My earwax smells too :(. I just recently went to an EENT(my nth time going to different EENTs), and had the courage to discuss my BB disorder. I told him to look at my lingual tonsils and adenoids. I thought he was thorough looking inside my throat and inside my nostrils, although he mentioned I should have no adenoids already. He said visually he could see nothing wrong. He even complimented my tonsils and tounge. He recommended a CT scan. I 'm still waiting for the results. I'm almost hoping that there is something wrong with my sinus and that's what's causing the problem.

nc
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Larc400 wrote:
Exhaled air passes by the back of the tongue and throat area so a smell from nose exhalation doesn't mean it's a sinus problem. :arrow:

But if this would be just by the air passing by the tongue and the throat area don´t we should all of us have bb from nose, since all of us have our tongue and possibly our throat full of bacteria??

Since most of us don´t have bb from nose.....there´s got to be something else in this kind of cases......i would think in a sinus infection......and we should keep paying attention to adenoids until we have some prove of it´s influence or not influence on this problem......

And we need some doctor that could search some correlation with lungs too i think.....
BBNO

Post by BBNO »

More of my experience (nightmare) with BB: Definitely have a CT of your sinuses done, but don't be suprised if it comes out "OK". Same with examination of tonsils and adenoids. Adults' adenoids are usually shriveled down to almost nothing, but I know of someone who still had "a putrid mass" hidden in what was left of their adenoids which wasn't found until it was surgerically removed, Same with tonsils, they may appear small and uninflammed and still harbor foul smelling material!!! Don't let what appears "OK" stop you from doing whatever is within your means for peace of mind!
Also, there are multiple causes/sources of BB and it may take time to eliminate one by one. Be methodic and patient. Chances are you didn't get BB overnite so it may take months of the appropiate measures to reduce/eliminate one's BB. I was a social smoker for years (about 1 pack a week) until I found out I was allergic to cig. smoke and it was (unknownst to me) causing PND which exacerbated my BB. I really didn't know I had PND and it tooks 6 weeks of not smoking (and avoiding 2nd hand smoke) to get rid of it. Spicy food also gives me PND.
My BB isn't cured yet, but It doesn't fill a room anymore and I don't have morning breath to the degree I used to. It was so bad I could almost see it! lol Good luck everyone and remember BB doesn't mean people automatically hate you. Once they get to know the "whole picture" , maybe it won't be such an issue. There's women who smoke and drink alot that have occasional BB (sometimes more than occasional) that I still am attracted to...whatever thats worth...
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

emotional rescue wrote:
Larc400 wrote:
Exhaled air passes by the back of the tongue and throat area so a smell from nose exhalation doesn't mean it's a sinus problem. :arrow:

But if this would be just by the air passing by the tongue and the throat area don´t we should all of us have bb from nose, since all of us have our tongue and possibly our throat full of bacteria??

Since most of us don´t have bb from nose.....there´s got to be something else in this kind of cases......i would think in a sinus infection......and we should keep paying attention to adenoids until we have some prove of it´s influence or not influence on this problem......

And we need some doctor that could search some correlation with lungs too i think.....
It could be that the air travels different. I have people reacting only when they get really close to me and sometimes it's the person behind me. However I get a lot of people who haven't reacted to it too. I'm not sure how this can be explained. If I breathe through my mouth I always have people reacting.

Do you guys think it's possible to exhale the bad breath in your throat area through your nose? Does the air not have to go through the same path except the final part?

Btw I never noticed this until a year ago when I read about it on this forum. I started paying more attention to the people around me especially in a train.
Iris
Junior

Re: I think my BB has became worse

Post by Iris »

fornarina wrote:I think my BB has becamse worse... a lot worse. Before I only get reaction when I open my mouth and speak to people. But on Saturday, I took a CPR training class. I did not speak a word in class, but the guy who sat right next to me reacted. He covered his nose with his hands, pinched his nose, kept on exhaling and turned his head away from me through out the morning. I think now my BB is coming out from my nose as well. What's happening to me?
I have the same problem and it is very stressful every time I have to go to class. I did not have this reaction before, not that I noticed. I am very depressed for that becuase before I had the solution of shouting my mouth in order not to offend people. But now I cannot do anymore because one simple breath from my nose is noticed. I am really paranoic about that. I do not think it cames from sinus. I think is the air that comes from the lung. It is a problem inside that none doctor could solve up to now.
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

Well maybe it's better this way, cause now I know that there's absolutely no way that I can avoid other people knowing about my chronic halitosis. Unless I could hold my breath for like 2 hours. Of course the only thing that they don't know is that I'm aware of it. I hope they all realize that if I had a choice, I would shut up forever but I can't. I hope they also realize that it does not have anything to do with our oral hygiene, but that's something they can't really help but think since in commercials and pretty much everything you read they tell you how to brush your teeth and floss to avoid bad breath. It's bullshit in my opinion, since a person who does not take proper care of their teeth can still not have bb as bad as a chronic halitosis sufferer does.
emotional rescue
Sheriff

you got to tell them....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic