At a standstill (please help!)
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:53 pm
Hello everyone,
For the past year I have tried EVERYTHING yet nothing seems to improve my breath. Any advice on what to do next would be great since I am due back at the doctor's and do not know what to say or do next. (I do not tell any of my doctors I suffer from bad breath and it is the reason why I want to get cured so badly, I just point it out as a minor symptom that they tend to ignore)
Symptoms
- Bad Breath (Urine, cheese-like smell)
- White tongue
- Feeling of something stuck in my throat
- Sore throat/ Ear Pain
- Tonsil Stones
-Swollen tastebuds
- Belching and bloating (although I believe I have gotten the bloating under control)
Things I have tried
- I follow a strict vegan diet
- Followed a strict candida diet for 6 months
- Oral probiotics, stomach probiotics, chlorophyll, digestive enzymes, antifungals like oregano oil
- Amoxicillin for tonsil stones
- Neil Med Sinus Rinse
- Flucanozole and nystatin for white tongue fungus
- H-Pylori treatment twice (Both stomach samples and stool test show I am H-Pylori negative now)
- Endoscopy showed no signs of any other ulcers, harmful bacteria or even GERD. (My only other option would be to test for LPR)
As of now:
I visited my ENT for the first time and he said he saw my tonsils to be quite normal but my only option to actually get rid of tonsil stones is to get a tonsillectomy but of course would this get rid of my bad breath?
Right now I am a few days in into a nasal spray regimen along with a neilmed sinus rinse prescribed by my ENT because he said he saw some irritation at the back of my throat (nothing major). Since I am a few days in I have not seen any improvements - I know this takes time but I am at a standstill and do not know what to do. I feel like I've exhausted all my options and do not know what to do - I've been depressed for so long about this problem and I feel helpless.
For the past year I have tried EVERYTHING yet nothing seems to improve my breath. Any advice on what to do next would be great since I am due back at the doctor's and do not know what to say or do next. (I do not tell any of my doctors I suffer from bad breath and it is the reason why I want to get cured so badly, I just point it out as a minor symptom that they tend to ignore)
Symptoms
- Bad Breath (Urine, cheese-like smell)
- White tongue
- Feeling of something stuck in my throat
- Sore throat/ Ear Pain
- Tonsil Stones
-Swollen tastebuds
- Belching and bloating (although I believe I have gotten the bloating under control)
Things I have tried
- I follow a strict vegan diet
- Followed a strict candida diet for 6 months
- Oral probiotics, stomach probiotics, chlorophyll, digestive enzymes, antifungals like oregano oil
- Amoxicillin for tonsil stones
- Neil Med Sinus Rinse
- Flucanozole and nystatin for white tongue fungus
- H-Pylori treatment twice (Both stomach samples and stool test show I am H-Pylori negative now)
- Endoscopy showed no signs of any other ulcers, harmful bacteria or even GERD. (My only other option would be to test for LPR)
As of now:
I visited my ENT for the first time and he said he saw my tonsils to be quite normal but my only option to actually get rid of tonsil stones is to get a tonsillectomy but of course would this get rid of my bad breath?
Right now I am a few days in into a nasal spray regimen along with a neilmed sinus rinse prescribed by my ENT because he said he saw some irritation at the back of my throat (nothing major). Since I am a few days in I have not seen any improvements - I know this takes time but I am at a standstill and do not know what to do. I feel like I've exhausted all my options and do not know what to do - I've been depressed for so long about this problem and I feel helpless.