Page 1 of 1

Could hiatal hernia be the culprit?

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:35 am
by millionyearsago
Hello everyone,
so here is some of my symptoms / things I’ve tried before I discuss my hiatal hernia.

Symptoms
- Bad Breath (rotten egg, cheese-like smell)
- White tongue
- Feeling of something stuck in my throat
- Sore throat/ Ear Pain
- Tonsil Stones (seem to go away by keeping my sinuses clean)
- Colds have been very common for about a year now
-Swollen tastebuds
- Belching and bloating (although I believe I have gotten the bloating under control)


Things I have tried
- I follow a strict vegan diet
- Followed a strict candida diet for 6 months
- Oral probiotics, stomach probiotics, chlorophyll, digestive enzymes, antifungals like oregano oil
- Amoxicillin for tonsil stones
- Neil Med Sinus Rinse
- Flucanozole and nystatin for white tongue fungus
- H-Pylori treatment twice (Both stomach samples and stool test show I am H-Pylori negative now)
- Endoscopy showed no signs of any other ulcers, harmful bacteria or even GERD. (My only other option would be to test for LPR)
- Nasal Spray treatment for two weeks (still on going and so far I can breathe better but thats about it)

After an endoscopy follow up appt with my gastroenterologist, he discussed I have a very very very small hiatal hernia (he says it is little to nothing) but I can’t help but wonder if this might be the cause of my symptoms/bad breath!! Before we go further, he perscribed a high dosage of antiacids (80mg a day of Pantoprazole) for a month or two and see if that makes a difference. In a few months I would go back and try a PH monitor to measure my acid levels. Do any of you believe my hiatal hernia could be the culprit since it is apparently so “small”?

Any help is appreciated.

Re: Could hiatal hernia be the culprit?

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:59 am
by IAMFrustrated
How long did you take Oregano oil and how many dropps per day?


In fact after 5 or 6 months of Candida diet & H. Pylori treatment I have now alot of bloating, gas and Bad breath come back but it is not as bad as I always had.

I want to star again a law carb diet with strong antifungals and I think oregano oil is the best becuase I did take 20 dropps per day only for 10 days.

Re: Could hiatal hernia be the culprit?

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:05 am
by IAMFrustrated
Does oral probiotics help BB?

Re: Could hiatal hernia be the culprit?

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:50 pm
by millionyearsago
personally oral probiotics did not help me but you can always try for yourself. I took oregano oil in form of pills - I started off with 1 and gradually increased it to about 4 a day.