THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Finger sucking habit?
Finger sucking habit?
Hello guys,
It should be really crazy or wierd to admit i have this thumb sucking habit while in my sleep even in my high school..
So till my early teens i was doing this in the sleep..
How many of u indeed did this and for how long?
Just curious to know if that has brought us this condition..
Bcoz it really dries out the mouth
It should be really crazy or wierd to admit i have this thumb sucking habit while in my sleep even in my high school..
So till my early teens i was doing this in the sleep..
How many of u indeed did this and for how long?
Just curious to know if that has brought us this condition..
Bcoz it really dries out the mouth
PND is my only symptom. All Healthy apart from it.
PND leaves a coating on my tongue and creates BB i believe
PND leaves a coating on my tongue and creates BB i believe
Re: Finger sucking habit?
I actually do or did. I now keep my nails done and I keep them long so I will poke me if try to suck them. But it still hasn’t really helped. I also feel like my mouth is drier because I stopped sucking my thumb.
Re: Finger sucking habit?
So from where do u think ur BB is originating?Memyselfi wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:45 am I actually do or did. I now keep my nails done and I keep them long so I will poke me if try to suck them. But it still hasn’t really helped. I also feel like my mouth is drier because I stopped sucking my thumb.
U have any other health issues u think are contributing to ur BB?
PND is my only symptom. All Healthy apart from it.
PND leaves a coating on my tongue and creates BB i believe
PND leaves a coating on my tongue and creates BB i believe
Re: Finger sucking habit?
I did when I was very little til like 12 yrs old
Re: Finger sucking habit?
I believe it comes from back of throat, esophagus or stomach area. No medical probs
Re: Finger sucking habit?
Guys i juss wanna tell u , tongue itself might be the problem..
When i checked with the dentists ,they ruled out my dry mouth problem..
My teeth were always fine..but even after dental cleaning by a dentist, i could feel the breath from my throat and my tongue seems to be very rough and dry always..
So i kept checking for medical conditions which leaves a bad tongue coat..
But after visiting to an ENT recently and based on the home remedies that worked for me, it concludes that my tongue itself is a problem and its dry and rough hence catching hold of more bacteria..
Now my prob is almost 80% better..
Looking for more solutions to resolve my dry tongue..
You guys may consider the same..
Bcoz only areas that give BB in mouth are teeth,gums, tongue back of the tongue, tonsils..
You guys might check it out and let us know the responses..
I also got tested..i have no sinus or any stomach related probs..juss a little pnd, for which i got the deviated septum corrected..
When i checked with the dentists ,they ruled out my dry mouth problem..
My teeth were always fine..but even after dental cleaning by a dentist, i could feel the breath from my throat and my tongue seems to be very rough and dry always..
So i kept checking for medical conditions which leaves a bad tongue coat..
But after visiting to an ENT recently and based on the home remedies that worked for me, it concludes that my tongue itself is a problem and its dry and rough hence catching hold of more bacteria..
Now my prob is almost 80% better..
Looking for more solutions to resolve my dry tongue..
You guys may consider the same..
Bcoz only areas that give BB in mouth are teeth,gums, tongue back of the tongue, tonsils..
You guys might check it out and let us know the responses..
I also got tested..i have no sinus or any stomach related probs..juss a little pnd, for which i got the deviated septum corrected..
PND is my only symptom. All Healthy apart from it.
PND leaves a coating on my tongue and creates BB i believe
PND leaves a coating on my tongue and creates BB i believe
- terranpatriot
- Advanced
- Posts: 133
- Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:19 am
- Location: East Coast, USA
Re: Finger sucking habit?
I think the real issue of concern is mentioned towards the end of your post...dry mouth. I’m curious as to how many people here have this condition, as a cause for their bb? Anyone here have a mouth that is normally salivated, but still suffer from bb? I feel that the issue isn’t necessarily our bb, it’s our dry mouth that causes bb
Re: Finger sucking habit?
Yeah i produce saliva normally..
I never had any dry lips or difficulty swallowing..
But i could see bad tongue coats.
My point is that mouth breathing for a longer periods OR finger sucking for such longer periods can really dry out your tongue.. so mine is exactly not dry mouth. May be the papille on the tongue was affected..and it needs that nourishment now..
And i am undergoing this hell since my high school days..
I have no other health issues since then..
And when ur dentist does not identify the cause, he cleans d teeth n gives u a mouth wash which indeed dries the tongue more.. so every home remedy u do to clean your teeth might indded be drying the tongue, since we dint know that dry tongue is the issue..
So i juss wanna chk with other finger suckers with no other health issues to see if our tongues are indeed causing this..
I never had any dry lips or difficulty swallowing..
But i could see bad tongue coats.
My point is that mouth breathing for a longer periods OR finger sucking for such longer periods can really dry out your tongue.. so mine is exactly not dry mouth. May be the papille on the tongue was affected..and it needs that nourishment now..
And i am undergoing this hell since my high school days..
I have no other health issues since then..
And when ur dentist does not identify the cause, he cleans d teeth n gives u a mouth wash which indeed dries the tongue more.. so every home remedy u do to clean your teeth might indded be drying the tongue, since we dint know that dry tongue is the issue..
So i juss wanna chk with other finger suckers with no other health issues to see if our tongues are indeed causing this..
PND is my only symptom. All Healthy apart from it.
PND leaves a coating on my tongue and creates BB i believe
PND leaves a coating on my tongue and creates BB i believe
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.