Acid reflux/Bile reflux
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:39 am
Hello everyone.
I've been reading all posts here about acid reflux and I think I've found something really interesting. It's bile reflux.
I've never heard about it before so I though that I should make a new post here.
During my first endoscopy I had some bile in my stomach but it was a long time ago. After my last endoscopy (October) they didn't find any. And I'm really wondering why.
Right after that I was prescribed some pills for my gallbladder and it was a nightmare. The thing was that the bile started to reflux into my stomach so badly. Now I think I should try Carafate and see what happens (read bbforyears posts about it).
As I'm paranoid I scheduled another endoscopy to see if there's any bile in my stomach. A barium swallow test came back negative (it makes sense to me because I don't have any heartburn) and soon I'm having 24-hour pH monitoring.
If bile reflux is not my case then I'll know that it's acid reflux for sure and try Nissen Fundoplication.
Sorry for my bad English.
I've been reading all posts here about acid reflux and I think I've found something really interesting. It's bile reflux.
I've never heard about it before so I though that I should make a new post here.
During my first endoscopy I had some bile in my stomach but it was a long time ago. After my last endoscopy (October) they didn't find any. And I'm really wondering why.
Right after that I was prescribed some pills for my gallbladder and it was a nightmare. The thing was that the bile started to reflux into my stomach so badly. Now I think I should try Carafate and see what happens (read bbforyears posts about it).
As I'm paranoid I scheduled another endoscopy to see if there's any bile in my stomach. A barium swallow test came back negative (it makes sense to me because I don't have any heartburn) and soon I'm having 24-hour pH monitoring.
If bile reflux is not my case then I'll know that it's acid reflux for sure and try Nissen Fundoplication.
Sorry for my bad English.