Page 1 of 3

Digestive Disorders

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:08 pm
by hopeful
It seems like in many of the threads lately that people are suspecting that their bb comes from a digestive related cause. This is really interesting and definitely an area that could use more research. Many of these people also don't have tonsils and sinus problems anymore. So much to ponder...

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:28 pm
by HappyDays
Absolutely needs more research.

After researching my symptoms, I eliminated my mouth and tonsils since it comes thru my nose and my hygiene is great. Second, vitamin c and eliminating meat has completely gotten rid of pnd. No more extra mucus.

If the smell comes from your nose heavily then its a digestive issue. I am focusing on intestines, as well as kidneys and liver. I had no idea what ph was in the past so when I saw acidic foods I was amazed. My diet consists of %90 acidic and %10 alkaline. My diet has been worse in the last 5 months than ever. Mostly pork and dairy. I am now on strict lemon water and highly alkalined foods such as cantaloupe and watermelon. My bb has become worst but Jimi says it will while it is cleansed. I am thinking of doing master cleanse and colon cleanse. Is there anyone that has tried this that can give me info on the effectiveness?

I would say that %75 of people here have digestive issues. Tonsils/tonsil stones are the minority here and other oral issues are the minority here. If it comes from your nose then ph balance and digestive system or intestinal infections should be your focus.

IF IT COMES FROM YOUR NOSE, CHANGE YOUR DIET COMPLETELY and get your ph balanced. Its the inside thats srewed up so you can brush ten times a day but it will do no good. There is so much info here but it needs to be reorganized/rethought/rediscussed.

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:39 am
by Twilight
Yeah, this could be but the problem is that if any adenoid tissue is left that can harvest bacteria then the smell will also come out of your nose without a doubt.

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:05 am
by Larc400
Statements like these:

"If the smell comes from your nose heavily then its a digestive issue.

I would say that 75% of people here have digestive issues."

Don't really get us anywhere. Sure, if you suspect digestive issues, please check it up as thoroughly as possible. A stench from the nose can come from any source though (sinus, mouth, lungs, digestive, etc, etc)

:shock:

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:54 am
by elliott
i realized something interesting the other day. I had breakfast (yogurt and dried fruit) with coffee, and an hour later proceeded to use my irigator to clean my tonsils. I sprayed deep into my throat which caused a gag effect. Surpisingly, the food I ate an hour ago easily came right back up, as if it had been sitting there waiting in my throat.

The food never made it to the stomach. I'm not sure if that's normal, I assumed that after an hour, food would be in the stomach. It could be that my food is digesting too slowly...sitting stagnant in my esophagus/intestinal tract and festering bacteria. Probably why I have a heavy feeling in the chest and lump in the throat feeling. Probably why my tonsils reek. Most likely, that is the taste that I hack up after eating.

Whether the smell comes out of the nose or not could simply be an indication of how strong the stench is at any given time. Smell coming out of the nose doesn't seem to be complex. The nose and mouth are directly connected. Gargle deeply and tilt the head back and the solution will come thru the nose. If the tonsils smell, it can eminate thru the nose if you tilt your head back or lean forward.

Anyway, I am becomming more certain that my general problem is break down of food. Might be why I have trouble gaining weight as well. The thing is, I've already had all the possible gastro tests and came out fine. Not sure where to go from here... besides stopping eating. Maybe I'll buy a blender and process all my foods!

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:02 pm
by Larc400
huh? That sounds interesting... so you mean you didn't throw up? How else did it come up..? I'm not sure, but I thought when we swallow it normally enters the stomach in a few seconds ... maybe you should check if you have Zenker's Diverticulum?

After I eat, the taste, smell stays with me for ages, both oral and nasal. For example, a while after eating, if I raise my upper lip to my nose and sniff ... there's a strong aroma of whatever I ate... is it normal for food aroma to linger for that long after a meal..?

:-k

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:22 pm
by HappyDays
I have the same issue of food staying in my throat after I have eaten. Sometimes I have to swallow several times like there is something stuck and then it will finally go down. Sometimes I must use water several times to flush it down. I have an appt with ENT this week and will check adenoids, food stuck in throat issue, tonsils, nasal passage.

And as far as the smell coming from the nose intensly, it just seems like it must be coming from deep inside the body. This is so dymanic...

Goldenseal and Vitamin B complex

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:55 pm
by HappyDays
Has goldenseal been proven affective for digestive and bb? I am thinking about getting goldenseal dn vitamin b complex. Can anyone comment on this from experience?

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:34 am
by Larc400
HappyDays wrote:I had no idea what ph was in the past so when I saw acidic foods I was amazed. My diet consists of %90 acidic and %10 alkaline. My diet has been worse in the last 5 months than ever. Mostly pork and dairy. I am now on strict lemon water and highly alkalined foods such as cantaloupe and watermelon.


...get your ph balanced. Its the inside thats srewed up so you can brush ten times a day but it will do no good. There is so much info here but it needs to be reorganized/rethought/rediscussed.

For people not familiar with this 'new age' concept of acidic/alkaline foods... please can you explain what they are, how they affect the body, and how they can possibly be connected to bad breath... Would be sweet to see some explanations 8)

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:51 am
by elliott
you could do a quick search on it... it really isn't too complex. I can't explain it well, other than to say we need to have a balanced ph level. Too much acid or too little has an affect on digestion and overall bodily process.

Google it and you should find quite an illuminating foods chart, and you'll get it quickly.

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:38 pm
by HappyDays
As a new person to this sometimes I jump to conclusions but dont mean to offend anyone hear as I know you guys have been battling this waay before I felt I had a serious issue.

I think most peoples issue here is digestive but ph is only a small part of it. The worst foods for your body are pork and dairy whcih are highly acidic and I ate this exclusively for the last 4 months as opposed to lemon water, cantaloupe, and other raw veggies being highly alkaline. I also have IBS and GERD most likely stemming from HH which I will have checked. WIth these existing conditions, I think my diet as made things much worse.

I can feel the nasty air coming from deep inside waay before it gets to my mouth. I can tell its not going thru the proper "filter" thru my body so I get the raw stench from deep inside. It feels really dry inside. HH maybe a big piece of the puzzle for me.

My point is if you have eliminated your mouth from the equation, its your digestive system and if you listen to your body and observe how it works with the air you breath, you can start determining where it doesnt feel right on the inside.

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:26 pm
by Larc400
But this is just unscientific stuff made up by some new age guy somewhere. Different parts of the body and digestive system have set pH levels at which it needs to be to function properly -- ie acidic in the stomach, a certain blood pH etc. But there is no evidence to suggest that eating certain foods is going to alter pH levels permanently. The body has buffers which corrects any intake of something which is threatening to alter the pH temporarily. For example, I did some experiments trying to alter my oral pH by sucking on Apple Cider Vinegar pills. The pH levels did go down while I was sucking these acidic pills, but as soon as I stopped, the pH was adjusted back to normal.

Btw, is lemon water really alkaline..? Have you actually measured it with a pH strip..? Sounds like it should be acidic if anything :roll:

All I'm saying is: don't change your diet radically unless you find some actual scientific studies showing that it might help; as the diet change itself can be harmful etc 8)

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:49 pm
by HappyDays
Just research lemon water on google and you will find out some very interesting facts....

As for the new age thing you're talking about, ph is not the main cause but I have GERD and IBS and my ph is completely screwed becasue of the foods I ate in the past ( mostly pork which is the worst) . Its all a combination of these things that cause me to believe its internal and not oral issue I have. Acid is definitely my issue, now what is causing it...hmmm I dont know but my throat feels like its on fire and thats due to GERD which is related to too much acidity on stomach which is related to the foods I eat and IBS.

I know too much useless knowledge if I dont get rid of this halitosis...I dont even look at my favorite foods the same anymore. Its sickening.

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:54 pm
by Larc400
When I say 'new age' I mean hippie stuff = science based on nothing. Just fake gash made up for desperate people to buy into. If I saw an actual scientific study about this acidic/alkaline theory I'd be interested... else I recommend you not to believe everything you read on fake science websites 8)


Yes, I googled lemon water and found this:

"As a scientist, I can tell you without doing any further research that this is a bunch of hooey. Your body does not "build up toxins" while you sleep any more than it should - it has a liver to remove toxins that are naturally produced by the body during metabolism. Lemon juice does nothing except provide a few more naturally-occurring toxins (which your liver handles with aplomb). While it is most certainly a refreshing beverage, it has no health benfits other than providing you with a small dose of vitamin C.

And nothing, NOTHING, cleanses your liver except time. And drinking plenty of water every day.

I've found many people will make claims like this when they don't know squat about the human body, cellular respiration, etc... If anyone ever includes the phrase "cleanses toxins from the body" as a health benefit, that's a pretty good hooey-warning for me."

:-({|=

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:33 pm
by HappyDays
I guess you dont believe in ph either. :shock:

Start with ph and then work your way from there.

Googled lemon water and you found that out of all the other sites?? Laughable at most.

Its not about ridding toxins, its about restoring balance between acids and alkalines in your body. Pork is one end of the spectrum and lemon water is the other along with cantaloupe and watermelon. You must not suffer from IBS of GERD cause if you did, acid would be your worst enemy and you would know the instant obvious relief that lemon water provides without a scientist to confirm.

Its all good Larc, we are here for one cause and thats to find a bit of relief for something we all suffer from so I will never work against that so no arguing from me. :mrgreen:

As a matter of fact you have me going back to the drawing board to verify this lemon water thing...and I couldnt ask for more than that cause all I want to do is stay open to every idea and closed to no possbilites.




:lol: