Page 1 of 1

Sticky saliva

Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:08 pm
by buddi
Hi guys,

I find my saliva sticky at times
Also when the BB problem initially started, when i brush my teeth and spit the foam,its really very sticky like a glue
The doctor says i have a dry mouth.
Any one had a similar experience?
I never had any dry lips and difficulty in swallowing though..

Re: Sticky saliva

Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:23 pm
by cyberzero
Yes, mine too. If you are dehydrated, the tongue gets dry and the saliva tends to be sticky. Sipping water in small parts help improve the situation. But tired of this routine as it affects all my other works. Give this a try.

Re: Sticky saliva

Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:57 pm
by Inart
Yes, mine too. It is because of dry mouth. I have mild nasal congestion and post nasal drip most of the time which affects breathing.

Re: Sticky saliva

Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:15 pm
by justwantcure
Mine too! Even though i tongue scrape and do salt water rinses, everytime i spit it comes out stringy white. Can clog the sink drain.

I drink a ton of water too to keep my mouth from getting dry. I cant remember either if ive always had this, or it popped up when the halitosis began.

Re: Sticky saliva

Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:15 pm
by buddi
Guys i feel 80% better after i started oil pulling and gargling with oil(virgin coconut oil)
Basically i found out that my tongue became dry..its exactly not dry mouth..i produce enough saliva .
As i kept telling in other posts , i think the dry tongue is due to finger sucking in sleep till my teens.
I have no other health issues at all..
I always wondered why my tongue was so different and why its catching so much bacteria.. its basically become dry n hence catching more bacteriaa..and we excessively scraping it and making it more dry..
After oil pulling, my brushing time, tongue scraping time , tongue coat reduced aswell.

Re: Sticky saliva

Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:42 pm
by Inart
Hi @buddi, good to know that you are feeling better. Same problem I have. Salivation normal but tongue feels very dry and rough. And I feel mine is caused by mouth breathing due to pnd.
How is ur pnd after surgery? How many times you do the oiling pulling in day? For how long? Have u tried saliva subs like biotene?

Re: Sticky saliva

Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:55 pm
by Gluten-free
I think that tongue scraper is doing more harm than good. All my family don't use tongue scraper and they don't have any bad breath and some of them drink and smoke. I am the only one using tongue scraping after 5 years of using it, I started to notice that my tongue will have very strong odor. I am using it for 10 years now. I think to stop with that.

Re: Sticky saliva

Posted: Wed May 01, 2019 12:04 am
by Inart
Gluten-free wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:55 pm I think that tongue scraper is doing more harm than good. All my family don't use tongue scraper and they don't have any bad breath and some of them drink and smoke. I am the only one using tongue scraping after 5 years of using it, I started to notice that my tongue will have very strong odor. I am using it for 10 years now. I think to stop with that.
True, that is also one thing I used to do but i have already stopped doing that.

Re: Sticky saliva

Posted: Fri May 03, 2019 3:28 am
by geonautica
Saliva is clear. You have biofilm from PND.