Page 1 of 1
GERD
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:40 am
by HappyDays
Well I went to the ENT today and he thinks I have GERD. ( I believe he is on the right track) Has anyone been diagnosed with GERD? Have anyone been cured of halitosis who has GERD?
the Dr says that with my change in diet and stop smoking and eating late and other small things I should see a major improvement in my condition.
Can anyone confirm this? What did you do for GERD that was successful?
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:52 am
by HappyDays
He also prescribed prilosec. Should I even bother with it? Has anyone used it that can speak on it? Since my diet has really changed only eating lemon water and fruits and raw veggies, will I still need prilosec?
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:21 am
by hopeful
I would try the prilosec at least for a couple of weeks to see if it helps. It's a commonly prescribed medication for people with GERD.
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:02 am
by emotional rescue
Hi guys,
what is GERD exactly??
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:07 am
by TIREDOFIT
GERD is when acid comes up from your stomach into your esophagus and throat. I have GERD because I have a hiatal hernia. This is when part of your stomach makes its way into your esophagus and the valve where the two meet (by the diaphragm) is always open. I was on Prilosec for many months and it didn't notice a change in my bb. It help my gerd, but not if I ate anything acidic or drank alcohol. Don't know what caused my hh. Could have been my first pregnancy or working out. Dr. said that it is usually due to pregnancy, being overweight or constantly eating to much at one sitting. I used to take Motrin a lot and I think that caused my stomach lining to weaken and pull through into the esophagus because I had tummy trouble even before I was pregnant. Going out for margaritas and eating Mexican food didn't help much either.

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:39 am
by elliott
The things the doc told you to do (watch your diet, prop the bed, take prilosec, nexium, etc.) may actually help your reflux, digestion and comfort level. They will NOT resolve the BB.
I agree totally with TIREDOFITs other post regarding HH. Check to see if your stomach valve is too wide and allowing for undigested food to sit in the intestines. If so, the food and stomach acid is breaking down in your intestines and moving up to the esophagus everytime you move.
I too, am changing my course and getting my valve tightened. They simply take the loose stomach tissue at the valve area and twist it around itself like a knot to tighten the area. My only worry is how strange it sounds... it seems unnatural, but I am more certain everyday that it is the sourse of some of our BB.
These may the 2 schools of BB. Some of us have food/acid coming up, some of us have PND, or bad bacteria in the mouth area.
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:26 pm
by HappyDays
What type of doctor tests for HH? I feel I too may have this as I can feel air coming through my body as if there is no filter if that makes any sense. It feels like raw air from the insides all at once. Does anyone know what I am talking about?
It ends up making my throat soar and hoarse feeling. Really dry.
When your nose is really dry inside and you can feel the air as it travels thru your nose and head well thats what it feels in my body like its very dry inside and the air is not being filtered at all.
This is the source of my BB...it has to be. I can feel the dry bad taste in my body/lungs prior to it getting to my neck. I can follow it thru each part til it comes out smelling like shit....