THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
give up spicy foods
-
loveyourswlf
- Newbie
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:44 pm
give up spicy foods
In Ayurveda (oldest healing system) and Traditional Chinese medicine it says that bad breath is because you have too much heat in the body! In ayurveda ‘pitta’ is the fire type and you can have excess pitta or your dosha ‘body type’ can be pitta which makes your probe to things like body odor/ bad breath, acne, ulcers, red face, any kind of ‘itis’ disease like gastritis, conjunctivitis etc. Easiest way to check if you have too much heat is looking at the tongue. If you have a red tongue or red tip you have too much heat. (red tip on tongue=too much heat in the heart)
One of the things you can do to reduce this heat is to avoid spicy foods (which also helps decrease heartburn/acid reflux) if you suffer from those things (which also is too much heat in the body).
Start eating cooling foods, drink some coconut water. But most importantly lay off the peppers and spicy things including black pepper! Now if you don’t eat spicy foods things that contribute to too much heat in the body is holding in emotions (the mind-body is real guys)!
(i no longer have bad breath, you can check out my other post for more tips)
One of the things you can do to reduce this heat is to avoid spicy foods (which also helps decrease heartburn/acid reflux) if you suffer from those things (which also is too much heat in the body).
Start eating cooling foods, drink some coconut water. But most importantly lay off the peppers and spicy things including black pepper! Now if you don’t eat spicy foods things that contribute to too much heat in the body is holding in emotions (the mind-body is real guys)!
(i no longer have bad breath, you can check out my other post for more tips)
Re: give up spicy foods
Spicy food makes my BB a lot worse.
I have given up on it for a few years, but I still can't get rid of BB completely.
I have tried TCM. They gave me very "cooling" stuff. They didn't help as far as I know. But I don't have reliable feedback, so I could be wrong.
I have given up on it for a few years, but I still can't get rid of BB completely.
I have tried TCM. They gave me very "cooling" stuff. They didn't help as far as I know. But I don't have reliable feedback, so I could be wrong.
-
loveyourswlf
- Newbie
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:44 pm
Re: give up spicy foods
Yep! Time to give up the spicy foods.
what else symptoms do you have besides the bb? like any acid reflux or post nasal drip
what else symptoms do you have besides the bb? like any acid reflux or post nasal drip
Re: give up spicy foods
I got silent reflux symptoms when my BB problem just begun. More recently, I started to get some heartburns.
The symptoms can be fixed by maintaining a strict diet. If I remember correctly, spicy food doesn't trigger the symptoms, but it does worsen my BB.
I had been symptoms free for about a year, but my BB wasn't eliminated.
The symptoms can be fixed by maintaining a strict diet. If I remember correctly, spicy food doesn't trigger the symptoms, but it does worsen my BB.
I had been symptoms free for about a year, but my BB wasn't eliminated.
-
loveyourswlf
- Newbie
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:44 pm
Re: give up spicy foods
Have you checked out my other post ? 
I recommend for people with acid reflux/ heartburn to try digestive bitters! It really works!
I recommend for people with acid reflux/ heartburn to try digestive bitters! It really works!
Re: give up spicy foods
I can't find digestive bitters in my area. They are supposed to help with digestion? When my problem just started, I was always hungry. It was like my digestion was way over active.
-
loveyourswlf
- Newbie
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:44 pm
Re: give up spicy foods
you can try amazon maybe. Yes they help a lot with digestive issues. They increase stomach acid and it signals the brain (due to its bitter taste on the tastebuds) to start making the digestive enzymes to break down the food.winter wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:26 pm I can't find digestive bitters in my area. They are supposed to help with digestion? When my problem just started, I was always hungry. It was like my digestion was way over active.
Re: give up spicy foods
What's TCM?
winter wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:42 pm Spicy food makes my BB a lot worse.
I have given up on it for a few years, but I still can't get rid of BB completely.
I have tried TCM. They gave me very "cooling" stuff. They didn't help as far as I know. But I don't have reliable feedback, so I could be wrong.
-
loveyourswlf
- Newbie
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:44 pm
Re: give up spicy foods
hope4cure wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:16 pm What's TCM?
winter wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:42 pm Spicy food makes my BB a lot worse.
I have given up on it for a few years, but I still can't get rid of BB completely.
I have tried TCM. They gave me very "cooling" stuff. They didn't help as far as I know. But I don't have reliable feedback, so I could be wrong.
TCM is traditional chinese medicine. Also cooling stuff as in herbs? Did they tell you to consume cooking foods? Like coco water, cucumbers etc.
Re: give up spicy foods
I haven't tried traditional Chinese medicine yet. Cucumbers, coco water and etc also doesn't work on me to reduce the heat sensation in the stomach. Perhaps I need to try the digestive bitter or digestive enzymes as mentioned above.
-
loveyourswlf
- Newbie
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:44 pm
Re: give up spicy foods
what do you usually eat in a day to have heat sensations? any onion, chocolate, mint, ginger, spicy foods?hope4cure wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:12 pm I haven't tried traditional Chinese medicine yet. Cucumbers, coco water and etc also doesn't work on me to reduce the heat sensation in the stomach. Perhaps I need to try the digestive bitter or digestive enzymes as mentioned above.
Re: give up spicy foods
I eat rice daily. Thhe heat sensation occurs everytime I eat. And spicy foods make it worst. So I avoid spicy foods too. I feel like my digestive system doesn't work properly. It's so slow. Food seems like undigested properly and I think it's cause the BB. I have gastritis too so doesn't allow to eat something spicy or acidic.
Whenever I feel the sensation burning in my stomach, my breath smells funny. Also the undigested food that sits on my stomach makes my breath dirty. It's happening all the time even I after I brush my teeth.
It's morning in my place as I'm typing this and I'm currently feeling the heat sensation. I really don't understand this. *_*
Whenever I feel the sensation burning in my stomach, my breath smells funny. Also the undigested food that sits on my stomach makes my breath dirty. It's happening all the time even I after I brush my teeth.
It's morning in my place as I'm typing this and I'm currently feeling the heat sensation. I really don't understand this. *_*
loveyourswlf wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:14 pmwhat do you usually eat in a day to have heat sensations? any onion, chocolate, mint, ginger, spicy foods?hope4cure wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:12 pm I haven't tried traditional Chinese medicine yet. Cucumbers, coco water and etc also doesn't work on me to reduce the heat sensation in the stomach. Perhaps I need to try the digestive bitter or digestive enzymes as mentioned above.
-
loveyourswlf
- Newbie
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:44 pm
Re: give up spicy foods
try licorice root for the burninghope4cure wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:17 pm I eat rice daily. Thhe heat sensation occurs everytime I eat. And spicy foods make it worst. So I avoid spicy foods too. I feel like my digestive system doesn't work properly. It's so slow. Food seems like undigested properly and I think it's cause the BB. I have gastritis too so doesn't allow to eat something spicy or acidic.
Whenever I feel the sensation burning in my stomach, my breath smells funny. Also the undigested food that sits on my stomach makes my breath dirty. It's happening all the time even I after I brush my teeth.
It's morning in my place as I'm typing this and I'm currently feeling the heat sensation. I really don't understand this. *_*
loveyourswlf wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:14 pmwhat do you usually eat in a day to have heat sensations? any onion, chocolate, mint, ginger, spicy foods?hope4cure wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:12 pm I haven't tried traditional Chinese medicine yet. Cucumbers, coco water and etc also doesn't work on me to reduce the heat sensation in the stomach. Perhaps I need to try the digestive bitter or digestive enzymes as mentioned above.
Re: give up spicy foods
Not all herbs are "cooling". They did ask me to avoid "heaty" food. You can google for the list of "cooling" and "heaty" food. Sometimes, they also can't make up their mind if something is "cooling" or "heaty". So you might find some contradicting information.loveyourswlf wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:35 pmhope4cure wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:16 pm What's TCM?
winter wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:42 pm Spicy food makes my BB a lot worse.
I have given up on it for a few years, but I still can't get rid of BB completely.
I have tried TCM. They gave me very "cooling" stuff. They didn't help as far as I know. But I don't have reliable feedback, so I could be wrong.
TCM is traditional chinese medicine. Also cooling stuff as in herbs? Did they tell you to consume cooking foods? Like coco water, cucumbers etc.
Re: give up spicy foods
Go to a western medicine doctor and complain about the heat sensation. They are more likely to take you more seriously than if you only complain about BB.hope4cure wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:12 pm I haven't tried traditional Chinese medicine yet. Cucumbers, coco water and etc also doesn't work on me to reduce the heat sensation in the stomach. Perhaps I need to try the digestive bitter or digestive enzymes as mentioned above.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.