Cured|Then it returned|cured again
Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:11 am
Hello all. I'm actually an old member but could never sign back in to old accounts after a few days of use.
I've suffered for at least 5 years with bb. I was young and couldn't work so wasn't able to afford a dentist. So I tried to fix it on my own using
Tongue scrapers and gels/foam(saw a small difference in coating but never lasted long)
Therabreath(didn't help)
Profresh(didn't help)
Using bleach as mouthwash and adding a little to my toothpaste(couldn't tell to be honest)
Peroxide(helped a little)
Charcoal tablets and also used some to brush teeth and tongue(helped a lot with tongue coating)
Colloidal silver mouthwash(was horrible. Used it once and never again. Tasted like bleach times 20)
Oral probiotics(helped get my tongue pink but no real difference in smell)
I'm sure I'm leaving out more but like I said, all I could do was try to fix it on my own. I've been suicidal most of my life due to abuse and then having to deal with bb almost took me to the edge so many times. I've had people do and say horrible things to me like I should kill myself and I've had a man spray perfume on me inside a city bus.
I have years worth of stories and because of that, I have social anxiety and not sure if I could ever be fully normal again. Anyways, despite that, I would still date from time to time. My house was toxic so having a boyfriend who's house I could go to and escape sometimes was needed. Sometimes they would say things about my smell but I would be too drunk to let it hurt me at the time.
So the boyfriend I have now has been trying to help me with my depression and anxiety so he knows my bb would need to be taken care of for me to start to feel better. At first, he admitted he didn't know about helping with dental bills(no insurance) cuz he felt like I would leave him after so it's been a long and convincing road to finally get here.
I went to the dentist and go a free xray. Showed I needed a root canal and a couple fillings. My bf couldn't afford the root canal and at the time, flossing that tooth was the only place I could catch a smell so I thought having it pulled would be my cure. Well, it wasn't. Pretty soon, my gums started to smell everywhere after that. It took about another year, almost 2, to go back for more work and the only reason I feel like he really started to help me is cuz I'm pregnant now and the anxiety I would have as far as doc visits etc,he didn't want me putting the baby through that so that's when we really got in gear.
After my fillings, I didn't notice any smells. I would floss between every tooth and check and nothing. My bb was horrible and I always had a bad taste in my mouth with just a heavy, dirty feeling no matter what I did. It could be smelled without me opening my mouth and I could hear/see reactions feet away. Even the dentist had to breathe out of his mouth because it was that bad.
I started going out more after having that done. Just to stores with my bf and going out to eat a couple of times. Never had reactions but was still trying to ease my way back into normal life. I would still turn when talking to ppl sometimes but the times I did look at others while talking, never got a reaction.
Then a few weeks after my fillings, I noticed a smell on my floss. The gums above my wisdom tooth had the same shit smell I thought I was cured of. I was upset and cried. My bf said just make another dentist appointment so I did. When they looked at me, I was told to just brush my tongue or visit an ent if I ever notice a smell. I told him there's a smell for sure and I know it's coming from my wisdom tooth. It was so frustrating. He looked at me and agreed that I need to get them taken out and my gums are inflamed there so he can refer me to a surgeon but he doubts I can be helped since I'm pregnant.
I was legit depressed. They gave me a free cleaning and talked to me about a waterpik. My bf had credit left over him paying for work that I ended up not needing so he used that to buy me the pik. I just knew it wasn't gonna work and I hated my dentist. But while waiting for them to talk to me before leaving after my cleaning, I was sitting right next to this woman that never reacted to me. The room was actually pretty full and no one reacted. The woman actually tried to get comfy in the chairs and leaned forward closer to my face while waiting to be called. I'm not sure what to make of that
Anyways, so after using the waterpik on high for my problem area mixed with peroxide and water, the smell was gone right after. Before that, nothing I did could make the smell leave for 2 secs. I was happy,again, but didn't wanna get my hopes up. I would rub my fingers over my gums and didn't get a smell like I would before. I still didn't wanna get my hopes up, though. I went to sleep and woke up,still no smell. I didn't smell anything again until I ate,had some tea and watched tv for a bit. It was a faint shit smell. 0-10, it was a 2 with 10 being the worst.
So I rinsed my mouth with plain warm water and used regular floss. The floss had a smell again. I used my waterpik and the smell was gone right after. I then brushed my teeth and scrubbed my tongue like always then finished with Listerine. 10 hours later after having dinner, the smell is still gone. Today will be the first time I go out again since they smell came back and left so I'm a little nervous. I know where I'm going is a going to be crowded so I will watch for reactions just to be safe that it's really gone
***edit. I wanted to add that the hygienist and dentist told me my hygiene is great so they don't see what else they can do. I feel like that cleaning was for pity or they just lied about the smell
I've suffered for at least 5 years with bb. I was young and couldn't work so wasn't able to afford a dentist. So I tried to fix it on my own using
Tongue scrapers and gels/foam(saw a small difference in coating but never lasted long)
Therabreath(didn't help)
Profresh(didn't help)
Using bleach as mouthwash and adding a little to my toothpaste(couldn't tell to be honest)
Peroxide(helped a little)
Charcoal tablets and also used some to brush teeth and tongue(helped a lot with tongue coating)
Colloidal silver mouthwash(was horrible. Used it once and never again. Tasted like bleach times 20)
Oral probiotics(helped get my tongue pink but no real difference in smell)
I'm sure I'm leaving out more but like I said, all I could do was try to fix it on my own. I've been suicidal most of my life due to abuse and then having to deal with bb almost took me to the edge so many times. I've had people do and say horrible things to me like I should kill myself and I've had a man spray perfume on me inside a city bus.
I have years worth of stories and because of that, I have social anxiety and not sure if I could ever be fully normal again. Anyways, despite that, I would still date from time to time. My house was toxic so having a boyfriend who's house I could go to and escape sometimes was needed. Sometimes they would say things about my smell but I would be too drunk to let it hurt me at the time.
So the boyfriend I have now has been trying to help me with my depression and anxiety so he knows my bb would need to be taken care of for me to start to feel better. At first, he admitted he didn't know about helping with dental bills(no insurance) cuz he felt like I would leave him after so it's been a long and convincing road to finally get here.
I went to the dentist and go a free xray. Showed I needed a root canal and a couple fillings. My bf couldn't afford the root canal and at the time, flossing that tooth was the only place I could catch a smell so I thought having it pulled would be my cure. Well, it wasn't. Pretty soon, my gums started to smell everywhere after that. It took about another year, almost 2, to go back for more work and the only reason I feel like he really started to help me is cuz I'm pregnant now and the anxiety I would have as far as doc visits etc,he didn't want me putting the baby through that so that's when we really got in gear.
After my fillings, I didn't notice any smells. I would floss between every tooth and check and nothing. My bb was horrible and I always had a bad taste in my mouth with just a heavy, dirty feeling no matter what I did. It could be smelled without me opening my mouth and I could hear/see reactions feet away. Even the dentist had to breathe out of his mouth because it was that bad.
I started going out more after having that done. Just to stores with my bf and going out to eat a couple of times. Never had reactions but was still trying to ease my way back into normal life. I would still turn when talking to ppl sometimes but the times I did look at others while talking, never got a reaction.
Then a few weeks after my fillings, I noticed a smell on my floss. The gums above my wisdom tooth had the same shit smell I thought I was cured of. I was upset and cried. My bf said just make another dentist appointment so I did. When they looked at me, I was told to just brush my tongue or visit an ent if I ever notice a smell. I told him there's a smell for sure and I know it's coming from my wisdom tooth. It was so frustrating. He looked at me and agreed that I need to get them taken out and my gums are inflamed there so he can refer me to a surgeon but he doubts I can be helped since I'm pregnant.
I was legit depressed. They gave me a free cleaning and talked to me about a waterpik. My bf had credit left over him paying for work that I ended up not needing so he used that to buy me the pik. I just knew it wasn't gonna work and I hated my dentist. But while waiting for them to talk to me before leaving after my cleaning, I was sitting right next to this woman that never reacted to me. The room was actually pretty full and no one reacted. The woman actually tried to get comfy in the chairs and leaned forward closer to my face while waiting to be called. I'm not sure what to make of that
Anyways, so after using the waterpik on high for my problem area mixed with peroxide and water, the smell was gone right after. Before that, nothing I did could make the smell leave for 2 secs. I was happy,again, but didn't wanna get my hopes up. I would rub my fingers over my gums and didn't get a smell like I would before. I still didn't wanna get my hopes up, though. I went to sleep and woke up,still no smell. I didn't smell anything again until I ate,had some tea and watched tv for a bit. It was a faint shit smell. 0-10, it was a 2 with 10 being the worst.
So I rinsed my mouth with plain warm water and used regular floss. The floss had a smell again. I used my waterpik and the smell was gone right after. I then brushed my teeth and scrubbed my tongue like always then finished with Listerine. 10 hours later after having dinner, the smell is still gone. Today will be the first time I go out again since they smell came back and left so I'm a little nervous. I know where I'm going is a going to be crowded so I will watch for reactions just to be safe that it's really gone
***edit. I wanted to add that the hygienist and dentist told me my hygiene is great so they don't see what else they can do. I feel like that cleaning was for pity or they just lied about the smell