Your Email Address:

First Name:

How can I get someone to describe my breath by inhaling?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
harvestor
How can I get someone to describe my breath by inhaling?

Post by harvestor »

Not doctors they're beyond dismissive, a stranger (maybe I should befriend them first) who can trust you enough to do this weird and suspicious task (of course I pay them money afterward)?
I certainly have nasal bb but not sure about oral bb

harvestor
Re: How can I get someone to describe my breath by inhaling?

Post by harvestor »

So today I took a breath test with a halimeter
For reference, <75 is no bad breath, something and something in-between, >175 is severe bad breath

My first oral test was 40, the second was 50, the third was 70. Those were lower than the threshold so he asked if I had drunk something that could lower my bb, I said I drunk a cup of water offered at his office, he said that maybe why (then wth he offered me it in the first place, probably a scheme to legitimate whatever the results to sell his meds)

Then I insisted on testing my nasal breath as well
The result was over the top, 200
The practitioner didn't know what to say about that and kept insisting that I treat my oral bad breath first (but wasn't it under 75?), maybe he doesn't know how to cure nasal bb

Next time maybe I will ask him himself what he smells of my breath
At least there's someone listens to my complaints about that although he probably just want to make money
Gluten-free
Advanced

Post by Gluten-free »

Ask a child between 4 and 7 or 8. They are very sincere.

Don't bother to ask a adult they will lie to you, even teenager's will lie. Even church people will lie about that. That is making it hard to know. But you can smell your breath if you open your mouth and blow you will smell something funny.
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

harvestor wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:40 pm So today I took a breath test with a halimeter
For reference, <75 is no bad breath, something and something in-between, >175 is severe bad breath

My first oral test was 40, the second was 50, the third was 70. Those were lower than the threshold so he asked if I had drunk something that could lower my bb, I said I drunk a cup of water offered at his office, he said that maybe why (then wth he offered me it in the first place, probably a scheme to legitimate whatever the results to sell his meds)

Then I insisted on testing my nasal breath as well
The result was over the top, 200
The practitioner didn't know what to say about that and kept insisting that I treat my oral bad breath first (but wasn't it under 75?), maybe he doesn't know how to cure nasal bb

Next time maybe I will ask him himself what he smells of my breath
At least there's someone listens to my complaints about that although he probably just want to make money
Where did you test at? Registered dentist / doctor's office?

How did he test your oral and nasal BB?
harvestor

Post by harvestor »

winter wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:58 pm Where did you test at? Registered dentist / doctor's office?
A medicine practitioner, he won several awards and was featured in several major news outlets
By blowing into a small long tube connected to the machine, he said the machine is specifically for oral test though
Gluten-free wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:38 pm Ask a child between 4 and 7 or 8. They are very sincere.
That be simply impossible. Where do I even begin to find one without being accused as a pedophile. And how do I make him keep that a secret

One day passed and my toungue saliva still smells the same, even stronger I suspect
But the plus side is I don't smell anything blowing into my cupped hands even after eating a meal

So I guess the breath you blow and the tongue smell are not related???
Gluten-free
Advanced

Post by Gluten-free »

[/quote]
That be simply impossible. Where do I even begin to find one without being accused as a pedophile. And how do I make him keep that a secret

One day passed and my toungue saliva still smells the same, even stronger I suspect
But the plus side is I don't smell anything blowing into my cupped hands even after eating a meal

So I guess the breath you blow and the tongue smell are not related???
[/quote]

🤣🤣 You are funny. I thought you had someone close that you could ask. If you can't smell your breath you are bless. Because I can smell my own breath, to me it's nos so horrible like my colleagues are commenting behind my back. But my breath smell like rotten. Everything that I eat after 2 hour it will smell like rotten veggie, rotten fruit. I am tired of this. It fill the whole office.
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

harvestor wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:33 pm
winter wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:58 pm Where did you test at? Registered dentist / doctor's office?
A medicine practitioner, he won several awards and was featured in several major news outlets
By blowing into a small long tube connected to the machine, he said the machine is specifically for oral test though
It's weird that he wanted to treat your oral bb even though the result is negative and ignore your positive nasal BB result.
Gluten-free wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:23 pm 🤣🤣 You are funny. I thought you had someone close that you could ask. If you can't smell your breath you are bless. Because I can smell my own breath, to me it's nos so horrible like my colleagues are commenting behind my back. But my breath smell like rotten. Everything that I eat after 2 hour it will smell like rotten veggie, rotten fruit. I am tired of this. It fill the whole office.
It should be a blessing to smell your own breath. At least you know how you can improve.

Most of us don't have good feedback. We don't know if something we try works or not.
harvestor

Post by harvestor »

Gluten-free wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:23 pm 🤣🤣 You are funny. I thought you had someone close that you could ask. If you can't smell your breath you are bless. Because I can smell my own breath, to me it's nos so horrible like my colleagues are commenting behind my back. But my breath smell like rotten. Everything that I eat after 2 hour it will smell like rotten veggie, rotten fruit. I am tired of this. It fill the whole office.
I'd rather die than reveal it to someone close. I should have had someone fit for this but she knew my home address already (my mistake)

We should make a rule that is one must state clearly it is oral breath or nasal breath he is referring to. English is really vague about this. (Btw I stated clearly that I have nasal bb)

My problem is nasal bb filling room that I can't smell making it indefinite times harder to find the source or improve as if it isn't hard enough, may or may not have anything to do with my oral breath which was below the threshold to be considered bb already
Gluten-free
Advanced

Post by Gluten-free »

I understand you. I have ask several people about my breath even my best friend and they all lied.
But now I know for sure I have it, but I don't how they experience it. I am alone in other land, far from my family, that is making it hard.

I notice at work when I drink that they act like my breath will come out my nose. I smell it 3 times when I drank. It's very difficult. But now I am on a keto diet with alot of green veggies and leafy greens hopping it will work. I try to do vegan one but I red that grains can feed bacteria. I will keep you update.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic