Proton Pump Inhibitors for GERD/ACID REFLUX
Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 5:17 am
https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/millions- ... -1.4409011
This is an article that recently came out about a woman put on PPIS for too long and has now developed kidney failure.
It is hard for me to believe that GERD would cause bb so bad that it fills up a room, but doctors seem to push them onto people like us because they have not a single clue wtf to do, and want to get us out the office as quick as possible. If you doctor insist you go on PPIs, please at least push for a PH manometry test to measure the extent of your suspected acid reflux issues. I was put on PPIs for over a year, and in my endoscopy It was found that I developed "benign" fundic gland polyps from PPI exposure. I don't care if this is harmless NOW, the fact of the matter is they have the potential to become malignant.
I am absolutely desperate for a cure, but lets not kill, harm, or make ourselves sicker following uninformed doctors orders.
This is an article that recently came out about a woman put on PPIS for too long and has now developed kidney failure.
It is hard for me to believe that GERD would cause bb so bad that it fills up a room, but doctors seem to push them onto people like us because they have not a single clue wtf to do, and want to get us out the office as quick as possible. If you doctor insist you go on PPIs, please at least push for a PH manometry test to measure the extent of your suspected acid reflux issues. I was put on PPIs for over a year, and in my endoscopy It was found that I developed "benign" fundic gland polyps from PPI exposure. I don't care if this is harmless NOW, the fact of the matter is they have the potential to become malignant.
I am absolutely desperate for a cure, but lets not kill, harm, or make ourselves sicker following uninformed doctors orders.