Page 1 of 1

Caffeine, BB, and GERD

Posted: Mon May 20, 2019 2:00 pm
by terranpatriot
Wondering if anyone here notices a spike in their BB on days when they consume caffeine? My BB is 24/7 and around the clock, but it is extremely worse whenever I consume caffeine, particularly from drinks that have it in high levels, and/or from carbonated drinks. Whenever I have such sources of caffeine, even if it is in the morning, my BB is worse ALL DAY, lingering into the entire evening. Does anyone else experience this (or something similar) as well?

My guess is that this may support the idea that this particular type of BB could be GERD-related. Given that there is a correlation with caffeine and carbonation (both, independently, being triggers of GERD), it seems highly likely. Has anyone experienced this as well, and if so, have they been checked for GERD through testing?

Re: Caffeine, BB, and GERD

Posted: Wed May 22, 2019 5:25 pm
by GTFO.BADBREATH
That's an interesting theory. In the past I've noticed coffee and carbonated drinks worsen my condition. As well as tea. I didn't think much of the coffee thing because even people with normal breath sometimes complain about their breath going a bit bad after drinking coffee. I've never been tested for GERD though.

Re: Caffeine, BB, and GERD

Posted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:46 am
by Unrivaled
If it's GERD you could try eating a bland non acidic diet for a few weeks and see if it helps.

Also not eating 3 hours before bed or exercise, only drinking water and avoiding gluten and lactose as those aggravate GERD.

Does your breath smell acidic/sour/bitter and do you have a metallic taste in your mouth?

Re: Caffeine, BB, and GERD

Posted: Thu May 23, 2019 11:34 am
by trying
I do, what does it mean?