https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/millions- ... -1.4409011
This is an article that recently came out about a woman put on PPIS for too long and has now developed kidney failure.
It is hard for me to believe that GERD would cause bb so bad that it fills up a room, but doctors seem to push them onto people like us because they have not a single clue wtf to do, and want to get us out the office as quick as possible. If you doctor insist you go on PPIs, please at least push for a PH manometry test to measure the extent of your suspected acid reflux issues. I was put on PPIs for over a year, and in my endoscopy It was found that I developed "benign" fundic gland polyps from PPI exposure. I don't care if this is harmless NOW, the fact of the matter is they have the potential to become malignant.
I am absolutely desperate for a cure, but lets not kill, harm, or make ourselves sicker following uninformed doctors orders.
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Proton Pump Inhibitors for GERD/ACID REFLUX
-
whatdidido
- Junior
- Posts: 64
- Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:20 am
- Location: Western Canada
- Gender:
Re: Proton Pump Inhibitors for GERD/ACID REFLUX
Thanks for the information.
Re: Proton Pump Inhibitors for GERD/ACID REFLUX
It might have something to do with the sphincters?
I remember a doctor said doing CPR isn't pleasant because the person's muscles relaxed.
I remember a doctor said doing CPR isn't pleasant because the person's muscles relaxed.
-
loveyourswlf
- Newbie
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:44 pm
Re: Proton Pump Inhibitors for GERD/ACID REFLUX
no no no!! proton pump inhibitors just suppresses the stomach acid! Most if not all cases of acid reflux is due to low/poor stomach acid!! without stomach acid food can’t be broken down! I’d say give ‘digestive bitters’ a try also relax when you eat and CHEW 30-40 times !!!
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.