Page 1 of 1

ANYONE TRIED L GLUTAMINE

Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 2:53 pm
by uxman
Has anyone tried l glutamine? I figured I may have a leaky gut, since the smell of my breath is the same with my farts sometimes and my bad breath started after a long term use of antibiotics.

Re: ANYONE TRIED L GLUTAMINE

Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 6:26 pm
by trying
I am using it at the moment, 5g 2-3x a day.
So far, I have not seen any improvement in my breath, but I feel like it is helping my gut a lot which I think is important for us bad breath sufferers.

I think you have to do more to heal your gut though.

Using probiotics to restore your gut flora (especially after a course of antibiotics) is a key component to healing your gut.
Additionally, it is also common to get a overgrowth of candida when you have an unbalanced gut flora.
Fighting that with anti-fungals etc might be something to think about.

I’ve heard that consuming black seed oil (nigella sativa) is supposed to further aid with leaky gut.
I’ll be ordering and testing it soon, I’m hoping for the best.

Another important aspect is cutting out foods that are pro-inflammatory such as gluten and dairy.
Also sugar if you are suffering from an overgrowth.

Re: ANYONE TRIED L GLUTAMINE

Posted: Mon May 27, 2019 6:37 pm
by uxman
Im currently taking my case as leaky gut. I read somewhere that most times, when someone has a foul odour, it is most likely leaky gut. I'm on rifaximin at the moment, when I'm done I would start with my align probiotic and would buy l glutamine. Let me see how it goes from there. I have tried black seed oil before and it didn't really do much for me.

Re: ANYONE TRIED L GLUTAMINE

Posted: Tue May 28, 2019 2:11 am
by StillHoping
uxman wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:37 pm Im currently taking my case as leaky gut. I read somewhere that most times, when someone has a foul odour, it is most likely leaky gut. I'm on rifaximin at the moment, when I'm done I would start with my align probiotic and would buy l glutamine. Let me see how it goes from there. I have tried black seed oil before and it didn't really do much for me.
Hi uxman, how long have you been on the rifaximin soo far? Have you noticed any difference? Did you have to make any dietary changes as well?

Re: ANYONE TRIED L GLUTAMINE

Posted: Tue May 28, 2019 2:31 am
by uxman
StillHoping wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 2:11 am
uxman wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:37 pm Im currently taking my case as leaky gut. I read somewhere that most times, when someone has a foul odour, it is most likely leaky gut. I'm on rifaximin at the moment, when I'm done I would start with my align probiotic and would buy l glutamine. Let me see how it goes from there. I have tried black seed oil before and it didn't really do much for me.
Hi uxman, how long have you been on the rifaximin soo far? Have you noticed any difference? Did you have to make any dietary changes as well?
I have been on it for 5 days now, even though I have used it before. I noticed a little improvement the first time I used, thats why I am using it again. Moreover, it is the safest antibiotic. I was able to watch a movie in the cinema few days ago, without any reactions. I eliminated sugar and all processed food from my diet for a years plus now, as I was diagnosed with an inflammation of the gut. I'm trying to heal my gut. I also noticed my breath gets worse on an empty stomach or when I am dehydrated or with a high spice diet.

Re: ANYONE TRIED L GLUTAMINE

Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:28 pm
by loveyourswlf
I take “gi revive” which has l-glutamine but also other gut healing herbs and it taste pretty good mixed in water!