Saliva flow
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:46 pm
My main problem seems to be that after I eat (for like 2hrs afterwards) my saliva gets incredibly sticky and slow flowing, meaning the proteins are not washed away etc = bad breath, both oral & nasal. I can smell the food I've just eaten for ages after eating, it's like a cloud in my nasal/oral passages. I don't think this is normal.
I'm sure this is true for a lot of people here, so our main aim should be to speed up the salivary action after meals. How?
I read a report on Betaine, and how it helps people with dry mouth. Is someone here a biochemist or similar, someone who knows where to order Betaine? (Cocoamidopropylbetaine)

I'm sure this is true for a lot of people here, so our main aim should be to speed up the salivary action after meals. How?
I read a report on Betaine, and how it helps people with dry mouth. Is someone here a biochemist or similar, someone who knows where to order Betaine? (Cocoamidopropylbetaine)