THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Finally...a cure

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Magnamax
Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:04 am

Finally...a cure

Post by Magnamax »

Hi guys,

Hopefully this will be my last thread on here and I just wanted to give you an update on my situation.

A little recap of my story:
- my bb journey started 6-7 years ago and at the time it was manageable since it was only from the mouth but then after 1-2 years, I had nasal bb and it literally destroyed my social life and it kept getting worse. The nasal bb smelled like poop and it would fill a room. I also had a very foul smelling stool no matter what I ate. It smelled like death.
- I saw a doctor and was prescribed some antibiotics and nasal spray which didn't help
- started googling stuff tried Jarrow Formulas probiotics and I had a relief for a week or so and thought I was cured but it came back after a while
- went to ENT doctor and was told that I had no issues, no sinus problems or any infection
-tried different kinds of probiotics: fish oil, oregano oil, mystic gum, now foods oralbiotic, pro dental oral pro biotic...and many more
- saw a doc again and was tested for celiac disease and the tests came back negative so I was told I had no gluten intolerance
- saw a gastroenterologist and had enoscopy, flouroscopy, CT scan of the sinuses and was diagnosed with h pylori infection and prescribed more antibiotics. The smell went away while I was on antibiotics and returned later
- I tried vegetarian diet for a week or 2 and no improvements
- researching more found an article that talks about SIBO as a possible cause of BB and tried multiple natural remedies to treat SIBO but nothing worked so got a prescription but again it didn't do anything.

Finally, I gave up and was just hopeless since I have literally tried everything suggested by the doctor or on this forum. Then, I read about how people could still have gluten intolerance even if they test negative for celiac disease so I decided to go on a gluten free diet and to my surprise it worked.
First few days I could still smell the bad breath but after day 5 or so it was completely gone and I did nasal irrigation to clear the mucus smell that was coming from my nose. The foul smell from the stool stopped and I also had skin issues and those started to clear up. Thank God, I felt like a normal person for the first time in years.

This might not be the cure for everyone but that was all I did. Right now I'm taking Nature's bounty probiotic which I started before going gluten free and it didn't help at all at the time but I just kept taking it after the cure. I'm not on a strict gluten-free diet in which I have my own silverware for cooking or trying to avoid any cross contamination but simply just not eating any food that has gluten.

That's all guys and I hope everyone finds a cure.
KL123
Sheriff
Posts: 425
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:16 pm
Gender:

Re: Finally...a cure

Post by KL123 »

Good that something is providing relief to you.

Did you do a few saliva tests during different times of the day?
Magnamax
Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:04 am

Re: Finally...a cure

Post by Magnamax »

@KL123 if you meant licking my wrist and smelling it, yes I have done that and there is no smell unless I don't use a mouthwash in the morning.
KL123
Sheriff
Posts: 425
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:16 pm
Gender:

Re: Finally...a cure

Post by KL123 »

Magnamax wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:49 pm @KL123 if you meant licking my wrist and smelling it, yes I have done that and there is no smell unless I don't use a mouthwash in the morning.
That's pretty good then.
Thanks for this info. I will keep it in my and will give it a shot.
space
Advanced
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:56 am

Re: Finally...a cure

Post by space »

Hello magnamax, did you have any other symptoms aside from the bb? Did you have constant clear mucus in throat too?
micca4455
Junior
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 2:39 am
Location: Philippines
Gender:

Re: Finally...a cure

Post by micca4455 »

Hi.
Anyone from the Philippines?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗