Page 1 of 1

Does flying make your breath much much worse?

Posted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:52 pm
by GTFO.BADBREATH
Every time I have to fly long distance (say, more than 8 hours) I get nasal odor and by the time I land my breath is 100x stronger and that level stays with me for weeks. The nasal odor eventually goes away and my breath goes back to just bad as opposed to horrific.

In the past few months I had been controlling my breath with celery juice, xylitol and diet. I had many good breath days and it was getting rarer and rarer to see people react to my breath.

5 september I flew to France and I've been here since. My breath is ATROCIOUS since landing here and it's getting worse not better. I am here to study so I have class almost every day. To make matters worse, if I am sitting next to someone and I speak even one sentence, I give THEM bad breath for hours. Please do not argue with me on that one lol, I used to be skeptical about contagious BB but it is real. That poor person will have bad breath and I know it's them not me because people around them will start sniffing and rubbing their nose when that person talks. This lasts for at least 3 hours which is how long class is (the person having bad breath) and then the next day I see them, the breath is gone. Until I have to say something to them again. This has happened with every single person I sat next to! People with great breath otherwise. It is not in my head because their friends start reacting to that person's breath right after that. And I can smell their breath too. I feel so guilty. But at least now I know what my breath smells like because the smell I leave on everybody smells the same: it is not quite fecal but it is strong and sewery and sour. It smells horrible. And I bet what I leave on other peoples breath is tiny compared to my own breath.

Anyway something is seriously wrong here and I hope to try sibo antibiotics next. That's one of the only things I haven't tried

Re: Does flying make your breath much much worse?

Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:37 am
by GTFO.BADBREATH
Update: brushing with a bar of charcoal soap instead of toothpaste helped today. For the first time in weeks I didn't give anybody else the bad breath odor today and people reacted a lot less to me

Re: Does flying make your breath much much worse?

Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:46 pm
by uxman
Flying makes mine worse, I think it has to do with motion sickness or anxiety. I noticed each time I fly a long flight, my body symptoms get worse

Re: Does flying make your breath much much worse?

Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:53 pm
by Simpleliving2019
It is really relatively straight forward why flying worsens bad breath.

1. It dries out your mouth
2. The constant pressure changes suck in and draw out any volatile sulfur compounds lurking anywhere in your sinuses and tonsils ect..

To help the situation, before flying, flush your tonsils well with a dental irrigation syringe, use a mouthwash that will neutralize volatile sulfur compounds (such as Closys or Therabreath) and use some Snoot nasal spray (chlorine dioxide nasal spray).

Also keep a little bottle of water with you and some good lozenges like the Therabreath type. It may help to keep a little travel bottle of the regular Therabreath mouthwash, as it can be swallowed according to their website (I swallow it), I wouldn’t swallow any of their other variations besides the original fresh breath, as some have tea tree oil and such which is poisonous.

Re: Does flying make your breath much much worse?

Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:27 pm
by GTFO.BADBREATH
Simpleliving2019 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:53 pm It is really relatively straight forward why flying worsens bad breath.

1. It dries out your mouth
2. The constant pressure changes suck in and draw out any volatile sulfur compounds lurking anywhere in your sinuses and tonsils ect..
Thank you, this makes a lot of sense. Every time I flew my breath got sooo bad even after I landed at my destination and I really wanted to understand why.