Page 1 of 1

Get your gut tested

Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:09 pm
by Pleasehelp
Hi all,

I was reading about the Human Microbiome Project, but I found out that they are not taking any more volunteers. The website did direct me to another site where you can, with a donation, get your gut microbiome tested using an at home kit. It says it will send you a "snapshot" of your gut microbiome, but does not diagnose or treat. Light be worthwhile...

http://americangut.org

Re: Get your gut tested

Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:26 pm
by Pleasehelp
I just ordered two kits, one for stool and one oral kit. I will let you know how it goes! It is 99$/kit. 😭

Re: Get your gut tested

Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:06 pm
by Pleasehelp
I received the kit in the mail today. I will post my results when I get them. In the meantime, Duke Uni has an article about the first batch of results, Not surprisingly, antibiotics are the worst offender for a lack of gut microbiome diversity, and eating at least 30 different types of plants a week is best.

https://anesthesiology.duke.edu/?p=846744

Re: Get your gut tested

Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:27 am
by letsgetcured
Just purchased the two kits as well. Hope I can finally get some answers. I feel like once you know what's wrong, you can work towards fixing it instead of just doing anything and praying that it works