Your Email Address:

First Name:

Smelling your own breath

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Pleasehelp
Smelling your own breath

Post by Pleasehelp »

Has anyone figured out how to smell their own breath? It has to be one of the most terrifying things about BB, is that you never know quite how bad it is... VERY rarely I catch a whiff of feces, and find it is much more pronounced when I am exercising hard, or I catch a whiff when I am outside in the cold. Anyone else?

KL123
Sheriff
Re: Smelling your own breath

Post by KL123 »

Pleasehelp wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:01 pm Has anyone figured out how to smell their own breath? It has to be one of the most terrifying things about BB, is that you never know quite how bad it is... VERY rarely I catch a whiff of feces, and find it is much more pronounced when I am exercising hard, or I catch a whiff when I am outside in the cold. Anyone else?
Yes, I have the same symptoms.
Exercise, work out, running, sports etc makes my breath exponentially worse. (It also gets worse when you are outside and it's cold)

I recently had a shot conversation with Dr. Murat as I thought I had, what he calls, Type 4 BB, but he was surprised to know my situation. He said, he is not aware of any type of BB that increases and/or gets worse with physical activity, like sports, running etc.
Dr. Murat thought it was the opposite. He thought sports and running would result in reduction of BB.

So this situation actually supports my thought that the kind of BB we have is due to the genetic disorder in the human gene SELENPB1.

When we work out, run, play sports etc, the blood circulates faster in our veins and thus it picks up more Methanethiol from the gut and dumps more of this odorous crap in our lungs. So when we speak or breathe, more of these unbroken sulfur compound gases gush out from our mouths.

Here is the link

https://www.ru.nl/english/news-agenda/n ... ad-breath/

To smell your own breath, use an empty glass and face the opening towards you and breathe into it. The first couple of breaths usually give in an indication before your smelling senses get immune to your breath, and you can't pick any odor from your own breath anymore.
A sample of saliva taken from the back of your tongue and letting it dry, and then sniffing it reveals the actual truth.

You can scrape your tongue, tooth brush with a good paste and use a mouth wash, and then sniff your saliva sample taken again from the back of the tongue. It may not smell but the breath will still stink because a big part of the odor, comes from the lungs.
Pleasehelp

Post by Pleasehelp »

Thanks for your reply. Is your breath fecal? Mine goes from dirty diaper to manure. I developed morning breath in college, Idk if it was because I had a root canal gone bad in a back molar which ended up having to be pulled, or because of antibiotics, but It has only become unmanageable about 5 years ago. (I'm 38). Now it is all the time, and is room filling. I tried chlorhexidine and metronizadole, but here I am....
Sosweet
Total Newbie

Post by Sosweet »

I have when it gets really really bad I can smell it for maybe like a minute or at times if I walk back to a certain area where I was I can smell it faintly , when I do smell it I know it's going to be hard day because it's so bad
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

Pleasehelp wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:27 pm Thanks for your reply. Is your breath fecal? Mine goes from dirty diaper to manure. I developed morning breath in college, Idk if it was because I had a root canal gone bad in a back molar which ended up having to be pulled, or because of antibiotics, but It has only become unmanageable about 5 years ago. (I'm 38). Now it is all the time, and is room filling. I tried chlorhexidine and metronizadole, but here I am....
Yes, mine is fecal, diaper, cabbage, manure,,, i mean, u name it.
I tried chlorhexidine, but it leaves stains on the teeth with regular use, plus it also removes the junk only from the surface of the tongue. As I stated, in my opinion, in my case it primarily comes from the lungs. So mouth washes are only a cover up.

Metronizadole also helps temporarily but then BB comes back.

I plan to continue with my quest till I die ....
Pleasehelp

Post by Pleasehelp »

Do you feel that it is constant, or intermittent? I sometimes think mine is intermittent, although mostly present, which makes me wonder if it's coming from the lungs. If it was, do you think it would be constant?
Pleasehelp

Post by Pleasehelp »

Oh I see that you tried bleach and it didnt work. I guess I see where you're coming from with the lung hypothesis. I'm kind've scared to try bleach...
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

I wish there is a way. That would be half a battle won. Our nose gets used to the smell, so we usually can’t smell ourselves.
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

Pleasehelp wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:17 pm Do you feel that it is constant, or intermittent? I sometimes think mine is intermittent, although mostly present, which makes me wonder if it's coming from the lungs. If it was, do you think it would be constant?
Yes, mine is somewhat intermittent. There may be occasions where it's reduced or at sometimes very rare occations, it's non-existent.

I think, it depends on how much of Methanethiol has been produced in the gut, how much of it enters into the blood stream and how much of it is left unbroken, and eventually how much of it is deposited into lungs.

Perhaps, a minor factor is, what do we eat and how much do we eat? We may slightly alter the equation to get a variation in the end results but we are far, far, far away from having any significant control over it because again, it's a genetic mutation issue. Can't do much about it at this point.

Even if I don't eat anything for days and my stomach is empty of any food, there will still be a lot of Methanethiol compounds entering in the blood stream which will be left unbroken and gush out with the breath.

We are locked into it pretty good.
mauricio
Advanced

Post by mauricio »

'for days', like how long have you gone for?
bb free)
mauricio
Advanced

Post by mauricio »

KL123 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:14 pm

To smell your own breath, use an empty glass and face the opening towards you and breathe into it. The first couple of breaths usually give in an indication before your smelling senses get immune to your breath, and you can't pick any odor from your own breath anymore.
this totally never works for me, I've no idea what's happening to me but I'm finding it much easier to sense it with closed mouth: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7567
bb free)
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

mauricio wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:08 am 'for days', like how long have you gone for?
I have tried two days with absolutely no food.

Then at various occasions, 2 to 3 days with water and fiber supplement only to clear out the gut. The BB remained as it is.
mauricio
Advanced

Post by mauricio »

3 days is nothing tho.
bb free)
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

mauricio wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:24 am 3 days is nothing tho.
You can try more if that's what you think will make the difference.
Raymond
Master

Post by Raymond »

I think they are confused, I do not think that the bb increases with exercise, what I think and that it may have a relationship with an "increase" in the intensity of the bb is that it increases your respiratory flow, it is like giving more power to a vetilator , if someone suffers from bb, the breath that is perceived, for obvious reasons multiplies.
if a person with bb enters a closed room, and breathes normally, he will not fill the bb room so quickly that someone who is panting, is like filling a pool with a hose to fill the same pool with a fire hose.
otherwise, never the perception of the BB itself will be as reliable as that perceived by a third person.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic