Your Email Address:

First Name:

What works for me

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
motzacat
Total Newbie
What works for me

Post by motzacat »

Hi everyone,
I have been suffering with bad breath for years, and it has been absolutely awful for about the last 10
Mouthwashes and bleach rinses all made my bad breath worse, so bad that I would get reactions from 5 feet away. Chewing gum was often not enough to cover the smell. It was embarrassing and debilitating
Chlorahexadine worked fo a while and then stopped,(it also gave me gross brown tartar on my teeth.
I think I am finally on the way to getting rid of this awful awful condition.
I changed my diet- I eat no processed foods and no gluten or processed oils, only olive and avocado oil and butter
I eat mostly organic fruits and vegetables and organic grass fed meats and eggs
I do not eat any sugar.
I practice deep breathing exercises to calm my nervous system- that can make your breath bad too!!
I brush my teeth and floss twice a day and drink lemon water all day long.
I take many beneficial antioxidants and supplements such as ubiquinol and quecertin, vitamins ADK, omega 3's milk thistle and lutien
After I brush my teeth i break open a probiotic in my mouth and use a tongue scraper to work the probiotic into my tongue thoroughly all the way to the back. I use and Align probiotic but probably any good quality one would do. I swish it around and then floss my teeth without swallowing to get the probiotics between my teeth. I also work some of the saliva/probiotic into my tonsils ( I still get a bit of gross gunk from my tonsils from time to time)
I then swallow the saliva and i am done. I do not use any mouthwashes (chlorahexadine and bleach are actually posions) nor do I use any fancy toothpastes. I have not had a reaction in weeks and I honestly think I am the road to healing. I do not chew any gum with aspartame either or drink any diet sodas, only sparkling water. I suck on probiotic lozenges during the day as I need to keep my mouth moist. i still get a bit of a bad taste after drinking wine however nothing like the past. I am feeling more confident and hopeful every day. It makes sense that we would want to repopulate our mouths with good bacteria and crowd out the bad since killing them with mouthwash just seems to make the bastards stronger.
Good Luck to everyone and I honestly hope that this can help others to get rid of this horrible condition.

StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Re: What works for me

Post by StillHoping »

Please be careful with probiotics, it can lead to SIBO. Happy for you that you have found somthn that works, please try to stop all probiotics and try to maintain without it
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

motzacat wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:22 am Hi everyone,
I have been suffering with bad breath for years, and it has been absolutely awful for about the last 10
Mouthwashes and bleach rinses all made my bad breath worse, so bad that I would get reactions from 5 feet away. Chewing gum was often not enough to cover the smell. It was embarrassing and debilitating
Chlorahexadine worked fo a while and then stopped,(it also gave me gross brown tartar on my teeth.
I think I am finally on the way to getting rid of this awful awful condition.
I changed my diet- I eat no processed foods and no gluten or processed oils, only olive and avocado oil and butter
I eat mostly organic fruits and vegetables and organic grass fed meats and eggs
I do not eat any sugar.
I practice deep breathing exercises to calm my nervous system- that can make your breath bad too!!
I brush my teeth and floss twice a day and drink lemon water all day long.
I take many beneficial antioxidants and supplements such as ubiquinol and quecertin, vitamins ADK, omega 3's milk thistle and lutien
After I brush my teeth i break open a probiotic in my mouth and use a tongue scraper to work the probiotic into my tongue thoroughly all the way to the back. I use and Align probiotic but probably any good quality one would do. I swish it around and then floss my teeth without swallowing to get the probiotics between my teeth. I also work some of the saliva/probiotic into my tonsils ( I still get a bit of gross gunk from my tonsils from time to time)
I then swallow the saliva and i am done. I do not use any mouthwashes (chlorahexadine and bleach are actually posions) nor do I use any fancy toothpastes. I have not had a reaction in weeks and I honestly think I am the road to healing. I do not chew any gum with aspartame either or drink any diet sodas, only sparkling water. I suck on probiotic lozenges during the day as I need to keep my mouth moist. i still get a bit of a bad taste after drinking wine however nothing like the past. I am feeling more confident and hopeful every day. It makes sense that we would want to repopulate our mouths with good bacteria and crowd out the bad since killing them with mouthwash just seems to make the bastards stronger.
Good Luck to everyone and I honestly hope that this can help others to get rid of this horrible condition.
Great that something is providing relief to you.

Can you do a small experiment and temporarily take out milk thistle from the supplements intake, and then see if BB situation gets worse, improves or no effects?

The reason I say this is, Dr. Murat identified one of the severe types of chronic BB (I think Type 4) that is associated with the improper function of our liver where the blood coming out of our guts is not fully filtered by the liver.
And milk thistle is supposed to be targeted towards the improvement of liver function. May be it's the milk thistle that's actually doing the trick for you? I am curious and trying to verify that. Thanks.
motzacat
Total Newbie

Post by motzacat »

Sometimes I don't take milk thistle- you are not supposed to take it for long periods of time. It is a good way to help your liver recover from inflammation Everything I am doing is supportive of my liver- my diet/supplements/lifestyle changes have made huge improvements in my liver function. I truly believe that a sluggish liver and screwed up gut microbiome is the cause of bad breath for many people. Leaky gut(bacteria, toxins etc) leaking through your permeable gut into your bloodstream which is connected to your lungs. Your liver is your main detoxifying organ and if it is sluggish, overloaded and fatty it will not be detoxifying properly leading to inflammation throughout the body. Dysbiosis in the gut can definitely spread to the mouth as it is all connected.Positive changes in the microbiome of the mouth take time, blasting it with probiotics is definitely a way to decolonize the bad bacteria which are stinking up your mouth.Your mouth did not get to this state overnight and it will not be fixed overnight either- you have to change your complete lifestyle and eating habits. If I had SIBO I would certainly stop the probiotics but so far they have not negatively affected my gut in any way. Another hack is to shine red/infa red light in your mouth to help the epithelial mitochondria in the lining of your mouth. Break down of this lining is also responsible for dysbiosis and overgrowth of bad bacteria. I do this as well.
Helpus

Post by Helpus »

Motzacat thanks for sharing,can i ask you do you have a high bulirubin level (high pigment of the liver),myself iam 142 out 142 last blood test 8 month ago
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic