Hi all,
I was doing some research and I came across this website:
https://www.uwmedicine.org/health-libra ... icula.aspx
It states that sometimes we can form pockets in our esophegus where food can accumulate and decay and cause halitosis. For those of us who feel that our bb is not mouth related this is something we definitely need to look into.
Please read the article and let me know your thoughts.
Thanks
Sue
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Could this be the cure for halitosis Zenker diverticula
Could this be the cure for halitosis Zenker diverticula
Last edited by Sue2018 on Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Jimi Stein
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2212
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
- Gender:
- Contact:
Re: Could this be the cure for halitosis
it is called Zenker diverticulum old theory floating around more than 15 years....
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome. Get my ebook here https://www.badbreathhalitosis.com/ebook/
Re: Could this be the cure for halitosis
Has anyone on this site got tested to see if they have it? What are your thoughts on this Jimi?
-
Jimi Stein
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2212
- Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
- Gender:
- Contact:
Re: Could this be the cure for halitosis Zenker diverticula
It is quite frankly a taboo, very rare thing.....this theory was floating heavily around when I started this website, but slowly died down.....neve came across somebody who would be diagnoses by that.....
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome. Get my ebook here https://www.badbreathhalitosis.com/ebook/
Re: Could this be the cure for halitosis Zenker diverticula
Most of us have done GI endoscopy, but the doctors didn't see any diverticula.
-
whatdidido
- Junior
- Posts: 64
- Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:20 am
- Location: Western Canada
- Gender:
Re: Could this be the cure for halitosis Zenker diverticula
I was tested for this last week and it came back that nothing was wrong. A barium swallow is the most effective way to see if you have one as an endoscopy can sometimes miss it. It's very rare for younger people to have it.
Re: Could this be the cure for halitosis Zenker diverticula
Not exactly this but there is a chance that tiny food particles get stuck into our nasopharynx.
At very rare occasions, I did cough out a couple of tiny food particles stuck up at the junction of upper palate and nasal pass, and DAMN! they stank like poop.
I spoke to an ENT doc long ago to see if it's possible that chewed food particles get stuck in the nasopharynx, and he said, "Definitely yes".
Not sure if there is a test or self inspection to see if that's the case?
At very rare occasions, I did cough out a couple of tiny food particles stuck up at the junction of upper palate and nasal pass, and DAMN! they stank like poop.
I spoke to an ENT doc long ago to see if it's possible that chewed food particles get stuck in the nasopharynx, and he said, "Definitely yes".
Not sure if there is a test or self inspection to see if that's the case?
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.