Your Email Address:

First Name:

How do you know it's your bad breath and not body odor?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
harvestor
How do you know it's your bad breath and not body odor?

Post by harvestor »

I mean without someone else carefully helps smell your bad breath apart from your body odor there's just no way to tell, self-diagnose is next to impossible; I've met many normal people whose breath smelled worse than mine when talking close, and many posters on this site had someone confirm that their breath didn't smell at all
I see people in my country (and worldwide) complain about Indians being unbearably smelly, they would just assume the smell is from body odor not bad breath

Maybe I've been fighting the wrong fight

morryalan
Total Newbie
Re: How do you know it's your bad breath and not body odor?

Post by morryalan »

that right there is where i am grounded for soo long. bad breath or body odor or both, not even a close friend has admitted either. standard response " i cant smell anything " while busy rubbing there noses made me stop asking.
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

harvestor wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:23 am I mean without someone else carefully helps smell your bad breath apart from your body odor there's just no way to tell, self-diagnose is next to impossible; I've met many normal people whose breath smelled worse than mine when talking close, and many posters on this site had someone confirm that their breath didn't smell at all
I see people in my country (and worldwide) complain about Indians being unbearably smelly, they would just assume the smell is from body odor not bad breath

Maybe I've been fighting the wrong fight
Saliva test is one of the easy ways.
Take your finger all the way to back of the tongue (near the throat) and very gently scrape the surface with your finger nail to pick a sample of your saliva.
Let it dry on your finger and then smell it. VIOLA !!!
harvestor

Post by harvestor »

KL123 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:19 pm Saliva test is one of the easy ways.
Take your finger all the way to back of the tongue (near the throat) and very gently scrape the surface with your finger nail to pick a sample of your saliva.
Let it dry on your finger and then smell it. VIOLA !!!
As I've mentioned here viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7470, the test is not reliable, at least in my case
There are many whose saliva smell worse than mine
morryalan
Total Newbie

Post by morryalan »

@harvestor, without self diagnosis we are stuck, people are the most unreliable option
optimismishere
Junior

Post by optimismishere »

A comment unrelated to this post here. How do I write a new post? I'm just not finding the place to start a new thread. I have something to share here.
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

optimismishere wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:45 pm A comment unrelated to this post here. How do I write a new post? I'm just not finding the place to start a new thread. I have something to share here.
So when you scroll up on the main forum page and select a category and look on the top left, and BOOM!!!!!. There is a button there.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic