Update
Posted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:30 pm
found interesting article for those that want to read
https://patentimages.storage.googleapis ... 3888A1.pdf
an update on my journey trying to keep it short.. couldn't tolerate betaine hcl because of something sulfury in it. don't really tolerate anything with lots of sulfur because of the sulfur producing overgrowth. molybdenum helped to control symptoms and detoxification when I ate something sulfury but didnt treat the overgrowth.
pepzin gi supplement somehow restored my appetite, before I was never hungry now I feel hungry and eat normal meals, which I couldn't before. a good try for those that don't have appetite (maybe it restores stomach acid?). eating a little protein at every meal, because I think it is crucial fo stomach acid production and salt. hope I didnt forget something.
on the first flight at the beginning it was okay, at one point a small outburst of rotten egg smell. on the flight back I didnt have any outburst, which Is an improvement because I always had it at every flight. the one think I changed between flight 1 and flight 2 was I walked like 20 000 steps a day, this was the only change. I noticed my digestion was better and motility improved, before I went one time a day on toilet, and the days I walked a lot I went two times a day. but the amount of food I ate was the same, so somehow the 20 000 steps improved my motility.
motility is a huge cause of sibo apparently.
pretty sure at the moment that for the people with the rotten egg smell it is an overgrowth of sulfide producing bacteria in the small intestine, so if you have it.. I would concentrate on improving digestion and not look in a different direction. but how to really treat those bacteria I don't really know.
"In the body, H2S must be detoxified by oxidation. While H2S can be produced in large quantities by sulfate reducing bacteria in the colon, it is normally rapidly metabolized by a specialized detoxification system in the colonic mucosa. More proximal sites of the gastrointestinal tract including the small intestine are much less efficient at detoxifying this gas. If the detoxification system were to be overwhelmed,H2S would escape the gut to enter the portal vein"
"An H2S or lactulose breath test and/or detection of H2S or thiosulfate in the blood or urine maybe used as a diagnostic and/or prognostic for assessing a systemic H2S load that exceeds a mammal’s natural detoxification capacity."
so maybe it isn't that much of a genetic problem but more that of an overgrowth that exceeds normal detoxification capacity..
I wish we had a gut microbiome specialist here that would help us in how to treat an overgrowth of this kind of bacteria.. but I don't think that there is ONE pill that would get rid of it for sure.
what are your thoughts?
https://patentimages.storage.googleapis ... 3888A1.pdf
an update on my journey trying to keep it short.. couldn't tolerate betaine hcl because of something sulfury in it. don't really tolerate anything with lots of sulfur because of the sulfur producing overgrowth. molybdenum helped to control symptoms and detoxification when I ate something sulfury but didnt treat the overgrowth.
pepzin gi supplement somehow restored my appetite, before I was never hungry now I feel hungry and eat normal meals, which I couldn't before. a good try for those that don't have appetite (maybe it restores stomach acid?). eating a little protein at every meal, because I think it is crucial fo stomach acid production and salt. hope I didnt forget something.
on the first flight at the beginning it was okay, at one point a small outburst of rotten egg smell. on the flight back I didnt have any outburst, which Is an improvement because I always had it at every flight. the one think I changed between flight 1 and flight 2 was I walked like 20 000 steps a day, this was the only change. I noticed my digestion was better and motility improved, before I went one time a day on toilet, and the days I walked a lot I went two times a day. but the amount of food I ate was the same, so somehow the 20 000 steps improved my motility.
motility is a huge cause of sibo apparently.
pretty sure at the moment that for the people with the rotten egg smell it is an overgrowth of sulfide producing bacteria in the small intestine, so if you have it.. I would concentrate on improving digestion and not look in a different direction. but how to really treat those bacteria I don't really know.
"In the body, H2S must be detoxified by oxidation. While H2S can be produced in large quantities by sulfate reducing bacteria in the colon, it is normally rapidly metabolized by a specialized detoxification system in the colonic mucosa. More proximal sites of the gastrointestinal tract including the small intestine are much less efficient at detoxifying this gas. If the detoxification system were to be overwhelmed,H2S would escape the gut to enter the portal vein"
"An H2S or lactulose breath test and/or detection of H2S or thiosulfate in the blood or urine maybe used as a diagnostic and/or prognostic for assessing a systemic H2S load that exceeds a mammal’s natural detoxification capacity."
so maybe it isn't that much of a genetic problem but more that of an overgrowth that exceeds normal detoxification capacity..
I wish we had a gut microbiome specialist here that would help us in how to treat an overgrowth of this kind of bacteria.. but I don't think that there is ONE pill that would get rid of it for sure.
what are your thoughts?