Page 1 of 1

Sour taste in mouth

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:59 am
by hopeful
I don't know what's been happening lately with my body but I always seem to have this sour taste in my mouth. I took some anatacids initially and that helped for a few days. Since then I've been taking Zantac to see if it makes a difference. It's so annoying. It's one thing to have bb and not be aware of it and it's another to have to deal bb along with this awful taste 24/7. Does anybody else have this sour taste in their mouth constantly and is there anything you do to alleviate it?

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:21 am
by elliott
didn't you get your tonsils out? I assumed the taste is from the tonsils.

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:49 pm
by emotional rescue
I got the bad/sour taste too, and i think at least in my case is a correlation between the bad taste and the bad smell,

usually when my taste is better is because my breath is better too.

The things that has helped me with the bad taste/bb were:

-sunflower oil pulling (for about a month and a half)

-aktiv oxygen concentrated serum (that stuff is strong, i think it get rid of every bacteria in the mouth, bad and good. don´t know about long term side effects..)

-actually smartmouth: improves my taste, but still it leaves you some ¨mouthwash taste¨ but anyway is better than nothing. one point down is that leaves my tongue like a mix of white and brown, is really weird.....i´m expecting this thing back to normal as the days go by.
The breath is better too.

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:09 pm
by hopeful
I'm fairly convinced the sour taste has to do with digestive issues(acid reflux/GERD) and not my tonsils. I went to do my barium test today and even the initial process has me thinking that my bb is from something happening within.

Part 1: swallow some fizzy water and try not to burp

Part 2: drink the barium as instructed and move around for the xrays

Part 3: drink a different barium solution(not as thick as the one in part 2) and wait 30mins. for it to pass through the small intestine to the colon. This is where something seemed wrong. Before I was given the drink, the radiologist told me that in "young people" such as myself(26) that the barium usually passes through in approximately 30mins. In older people, it could take much longer(more than an hour). Well, surprise, surprise, it took the barium over an hour and a half before it made it to my colon. At this point, he put me on another machine and took some more xrays of my intestine and whatever else. So I guess there's a sign that something is wrong. I apparently process thick liquids at the same rate as an old person. NOT GOOD. Anyways, I should get the results sometime next week.

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:04 am
by badbreathkiller
Hi Hopeful,

Any results yet?

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:56 pm
by VICKSTER
Hi !! I was wondering how the people trying Champex are doing.??? Champex is a mushroom exteact. How much are they taking and where the person who got the 500mg purchased it from ?? THanks.

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:57 pm
by hopeful
Hi Vickster,

I was the one that found the 500g dose of champex. I got it from http://www.lef.org.

Re: Sour taste in mouth

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:32 pm
by FullOfHope
hopeful wrote:I don't know what's been happening lately with my body but I always seem to have this sour taste in my mouth. I took some anatacids initially and that helped for a few days. Since then I've been taking Zantac to see if it makes a difference. It's so annoying. It's one thing to have bb and not be aware of it and it's another to have to deal bb along with this awful taste 24/7. Does anybody else have this sour taste in their mouth constantly and is there anything you do to alleviate it?
Hi Hopeful did you see the topic I wrote today about sour breath:- 'sour breath - a cure for me'.