Discovered my right tonsil stinks after 1 year of no symptoms.
Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:21 am
Today is a massive day for me, i don't know what to think.
After about 1 year of not knowing whats causing my chronic bad breath, I discovered today that my right tonsil stinks badly.
Now when I first starting searching for the cause of my chronic bad breath I of course checked both my tonsils with my finger and smelt it and for about a year it has never smelt bad. I have never ever had tonsil stones and my tonsils have always looked normal and smelt normal (checked using my finger). Although, my right tonsil is not that visible (it looks shrunken) compared to my left tonsil which is very clear to see.
After eating dinner today, 5 minutes later my breath started smelling bad and out of frustration i locked myself in the bathroom and told myself I'm going to look at everything inside my mouth with my phone's torch. I have done this many times before and never spotted anything. So i shine it deep into my right tonsil and on the upper area i spot what looks like a tonsil stone about the size of a half a grain of rice, also the area looks pink but with a very slight grey/white/yellow hue to it. So i stick my finger in there and smell it, bingo! It stinks like rotting fish.
Having actively searching for the cause for around a year and having excellent oral hygiene, no known health problems and also its been almost a month since i took out my 2 upper impacted wisdom teeth in order to help my problem which by the way hasn't changed anything so far...I am definitely feeling a sense of relief at this discovery.
Next step is to go to my GP.
After about 1 year of not knowing whats causing my chronic bad breath, I discovered today that my right tonsil stinks badly.
Now when I first starting searching for the cause of my chronic bad breath I of course checked both my tonsils with my finger and smelt it and for about a year it has never smelt bad. I have never ever had tonsil stones and my tonsils have always looked normal and smelt normal (checked using my finger). Although, my right tonsil is not that visible (it looks shrunken) compared to my left tonsil which is very clear to see.
After eating dinner today, 5 minutes later my breath started smelling bad and out of frustration i locked myself in the bathroom and told myself I'm going to look at everything inside my mouth with my phone's torch. I have done this many times before and never spotted anything. So i shine it deep into my right tonsil and on the upper area i spot what looks like a tonsil stone about the size of a half a grain of rice, also the area looks pink but with a very slight grey/white/yellow hue to it. So i stick my finger in there and smell it, bingo! It stinks like rotting fish.
Having actively searching for the cause for around a year and having excellent oral hygiene, no known health problems and also its been almost a month since i took out my 2 upper impacted wisdom teeth in order to help my problem which by the way hasn't changed anything so far...I am definitely feeling a sense of relief at this discovery.
Next step is to go to my GP.