Your Email Address:

First Name:

My Tonsils' story - Need Help Analyzing

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
optimismishere
Junior
My Tonsils' story - Need Help Analyzing

Post by optimismishere »

I have both nasal and mouth BB. My tonsils aren't inflamed. Doctors said they're fine - although one doc said they were 'very mildly' inflamed. My left tonsil has 2-3 crypts. Right one doesn't have crypts. I sometimes find tonsil stones in them and thus thought it wasn't a big deal. However, recently I performed Raymond's breathing technique and noticed that the next morning, after brushing my teeth and while spitting phlegm, I coughed up a lot of tonsil stones. These stone numbered in 30-40s and were of all sizes. Basically, whenever my tonsils got airflow, they pushed the hidden stones outside. My breath, whenever I cough up stones, worsens by 100 times.

That got me thinking if it's my tonsils which are causing my BB. I have two hypotheses for this thought-process.

1. Whenever I squeeze my tonsils with my fingers, it discharges a yellow, snot-like, sticky stuff. This discharge sometimes contains dark tonsil stones. My tongue is always dry, white and sticky and smells horrible in the morning. I noticed that whenever I squeezed the discharged out of my tonsils, I could produce fresh saliva. This isn't possible otherwise. My mouth produces very little saliva in other circumstances.

2. A few years ago, out of desperation, thinking my tongue was causing my BB (which it is), I scraped the entire tongue and the back of the tongue with a spoon for an hour. It basically left me without saliva and a dry mouth but it had done the trick - I was bad breath free for an hour or two (both nasal and mouth). My friend even smiled at me thinking I had finally got a solution. But he soon started making faces and I knew It was just a temporary thing.

Other than these, I generally get ear pain and throat/tonsils pain in tandem. I'm sure they're related.

I don't seem to get relief from antibiotics or any diet. I have never eaten meat in my life and my hygiene is good. I don't want to remove them as I've already had a septoplasty and not looking forward to a surgery. I have had BB years before I saw my first tonsil stones. So I'm not sure if tonsils are causing the issue. But the yellow stuff is definitely a cause and I'm squeezing my tonsils everyday to slowly remove everything. I recently gargled with bleach and that didn't work either. I really would like to get some insight into my tonsils problem from you guys.

optimismishere
Junior
Re: My Tonsils' story - Need Help Analyzing

Post by optimismishere »

Can anyone respond?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic