Your Email Address:

First Name:

Someone explain this to me...

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
hopeful
Master

Someone explain this to me...

Post by hopeful »

I've been suspecting that my digestive system is the cause of my bb for quite some time now. The other day, I was blowing my breath into my hoodie and it was gross. So I went and gargled with some mouthwash. Did the same thing with my hoodie again and no smell even though I was expelling air from my lungs(though this only lasted 10 minutes or so). Is it possible that my bb is oral related(tongue, tonsils)? I mean, if it had something to do with my digestion wouldn't a smell still be present since the air is coming from within? I hate my body so much sometimes. Seriously what did I ever do to be stuck with this?

emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

yeah, it has to be somehow oral related.

If you touch the back of your tongue with your finger, did your finger smells really bad??

I´ve been reading your post for many time about digestive system...

I suggest you this test, so you can identify if your problem is somehow oral related, or if comes from digestive system or other issues:

-Buy a bottle of Aktiv oxygen concentrated serum from Katz, and use a full dropper mixed in water or orange juice.
If this thing don´t get rid of your bb totally for at least 15 or 30 minutes, then your problem is not oral related. (it used to get rid of my bb for about 4 hours when i tried it)

I´m pretty sure of this, give it a try so you can precise your source a little more....

good luck
HappyDays
Advanced

Post by HappyDays »

Hopeful, I too thought forever that my BB had to becoming from deep inside whether my lungs or digestive system. It definitely wasnt my mouth. i have IBS and GERD so my digestive system sucks so it only made sense. It sucks so bad that at my worst, I had 1 or 2 bowel movements...a week!! YUCK!

Man it was so surprising the first time I found a tonsil stone and that was only a few weeks ago after years of dealing with this BB. I now find them everyday since I brush my tonsils daily. Small ones, big ones I find them all.

I suggest that you start digging deep around the tonsils and brushing them everyday.

My personal opinion is that like me, most have no idea that its those damn stones that are causing havoc. There is no evidence like sore throats or anything like that. Now when I can smell my breath is smells just like the stones cause I always break em open and take a good smell of them. I get my tonsils out in 2 weeks and know I wont have perfect breath afterwards but wont have shitty tonsil stone breath either.

Notice to tonsil stones -- You fuckers have 2 weeks from today to have your fun!
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

when i flossed earlier today, i could smell the tonsil stone smell between several tooth crevices
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

mike987 wrote:when i flossed earlier today, i could smell the tonsil stone smell between several tooth crevices
That smell between the teeth must be comprised of the same sulfur compounds that create the stones. The more you floss and the less meat or fiber stuck in between the teeth, the less the smell.

As far as mouthwash, it has a tricky way of really covering up the TASTE and sensation of BB. It'll make you fool yourself, but not anyone else.

I have been told by the doctor that my tonsils are very small. Perhaps so small that the stones don't stay lodged in my throat, but get swallowed when I eat or clear my throat. Even further, it is possible that along with acid reflux, the stones are broken down into what I call tonsil juice... and that would the the horrible tasting thick liquid that seems to come up an hour after eating. This would be for those of us that can't find tonsil stones.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

It has to be the cause in the throat.

I mean if I put my finget on my tongue, it does not smell so much, but if I put it in my throat it smells really bad.
thanatos
God
Post by thanatos »

My vote is oral.
hopeful
Master

Post by hopeful »

When I listed digestive problems as a possible cause, I was referring to problems with malabsorption and sour tastes in my mouth(GERD, etc). I actually have daily bowel movements so I don't think food rotting in my gut is the cause.

I've tried to look for tonsil stones before but didn't have any luck. Maybe I was doing it wrong. I want to try again tonight. Can someone give me detailed instructions on the best way to find these things(if they exist for me). Do I stick my tongue out? How do I poke around in there? I've been getting more and more depressed lately and am getting desperate for an explanation. Sticking my finger in my mouth to determine where the smell comes from is hard because the whole finger always stinks anyways. Thanks guys.
hopeful
Master

Post by hopeful »

After rereading some older threads, I took a cotton swab and flashlight last night and started digging around back there. My left tonsil looks fine. No noticeable crevices or deep spaces that I could find. My right tonsil however was a mess. Looked really strange and I think lots of crevices. Took the Q-tip to the left and twisted it around a bit and their was a slight smell. I did the same thing with the right one(twisted in a circle) and there was blood on it when I pulled it out. On top of that it was really smelly. I couldn't locate any tonsil stones but maybe I wasn't looking hard enough or doing something wrong.
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

i have gotten blood from deep in the throat as well, and don't know what to think of it. I've told 2 doctors this and neither gave me a decent response.
When I hack to clear my throat, sometimes, I see blood spots. I guess it's from messing around in there so much that they are inflammed.

Otherwise, I need to know why my tonsils are bleeding.
hopeful
Master

Post by hopeful »

Now I'm convinced my tonsils are the cause of my bb. Could there be any other problems in my body?! I'm going to have to get a referral to an ENT and hopefully get the surgery done withing the next couple of months(unless I go to a private clinic and pay out of my own pocket which could be done much sooner). I remember having bb from as young as 11 and having my mom make comments. My aunt used to offer me gum all the time. I didn't develop my digestive problems until the last couple of years so even if my digestive problems are somehow involved, this would've only started more recently. It still wouldn't explain my bb from when I was younger. The more I think about it the more it makes sense. When you're a healthy 11 year old, when else could bb come from if your teeth, gums and intestinal health is good. I know some people think hormones could be involved but I have my doubts about those theories.

I was watching a couple of tonsillectomies on youtube and our tonsils are so much larger than the area we have access to. I think you should seriously considering getting your tonsils out elliott.
hopeful
Master

Post by hopeful »

HappyDays, I'm so jealous you're going to lose your tonsils in two weeks. I hope it works for you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic