Page 1 of 5

Tonsillectomy diary

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:59 pm
by Chris28
whilst I am healing I will post on my breath progress in this thread..I hope whether my BB is cured or not after this will help those of you thinking about having your tonsils removed.

I am aware some people have tried this with no results but for me personally I was 99% positive my BB came from my putrid tonsils. Lets see what happens!!

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:04 pm
by Chris28
Its been exactly a week to the hour since I had my operation. There is less pain today than previous days and I have not had to reach for a painkiller yet. This is a relief because every other day I feel like eating a fist full of them to keep my head from feeling like it will explode.

I still cannot taste "that" taste I constantly had in my mouth but I can taste another unpleasant taste-this is I am simply spuuting down to the healing process (blood, scabs at back of throat). Its weird to say...but even though my breath isnt minty fresh due to teh above it dosent feel as "heavy" as it was pre-tonsilectomy.

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:05 pm
by Jimi Stein
THe best way it would be that yu write it down in a word document each day and later we can publish it on the front page, not only in forum

or you can write here

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:07 pm
by Chris28
Hi Jimi,
first of all thanks for the website. It really helped me a few months ago and was what urged me to get my tonsils out. I will continue to post on here if thats ok and I will also keep a word document too. Lets see if the pain I am going through will be worth it.

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:09 pm
by Jimi Stein
Yes keep a document pleae, i would lve to put it on the fronpage where the articles are.

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:11 pm
by Chris28
Consider it done :-)

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:25 pm
by TheCure
what did the ENT use to remove your tonsils?

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:44 pm
by Chris28
They used the traditional cold knife method. No fancy lasers or Electrocautery

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:37 am
by elliott
Thanks Chris... I'm looking forward to seeing what happens when you begin to eat normal foods again and the effect it has on your BB.

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:41 am
by Chris28
No problem, I felt that it was important to me to share my experience because I know a lot of people on this site are not sure about removing the tonsils..maybe if this works for me other people will follow suit.

To be honest it's day 8 today and I think the pain I fekt from day 2-5 (which was excruciating) has passed. I started eating real foods from day 6 :-)

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:41 pm
by HappyDays
I know that you stated that you dont have that nasty taste but a different one that can of course be attributed the scabs and healing but would you say you have a pretty good feeling about the currrent state of your BB being reduced already?

How are you feeling about the thing overall? Good, great, or you know for a fact that after more time you will be reduced with the BB to nothing.

I dont expect to be completed healed but I do expect a great reduction since most of mine comes from the stones that I can see daily but never ever saw for years prior to 3 weeks ago.

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:33 pm
by Chris28
Yeah, I do feel pretty good feeling about the current state of my BB already...but that said I have always feel really optimistic in the past whenever I tried a new mouthwash/spray/routine :-k All I know is that for the first time in YEARS I dont have that oh so familiar taste anymore...a taste that was in my case always a signifier that my breath was crappy.

I am taking a positive attitude towards it all though and I believe things will change after this. My tonsils were always producing stones and even if the theory that BB will persist even if there is nowhere to form stones isnt affecting me-it will make my mouth more managable. I know it will.

when is your op?

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:40 pm
by HappyDays
24th of this month. I postponed it for a week as i will be traveling across the country (US) for work stuff. Man I have to take a 6 hour flight and am not looking forward to it but with relief around the corner I just dont care.

I expect this to be my savior like I said just a 50% reduction would greatly help me. i dont think mine clears the room like most but its very bad within a few feet.

I have changed my diet completely within the last 3 weeks and stopped smoking weed. Dont eat dairy products or red meat and take lots of vitamins.

I feel so much better already so this has to help the rest of the way. I floss and brush often and my throat still feels nasty back there. My mouth is fine just my throat.

I find stones daily now but never saw them before. I thought it came from my digestive system cause it can be smelled thru my nose but now that I have found the stones and know what they smell like, its what my breath tastes like all the time.

NO STONES NO SHITTY STONE BREATH. Bad breath I can deal with but shitty stone breath wont work for me.

Whats strange is there is another site where everyone discusses tonsil stones and most there have gotten relief after getting tonsils remove. Like 90% of them easily see the difference but here its like no one is getting relief no matter what.

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:25 pm
by Chris28
"NO STONES NO SHITTY STONE BREATH. Bad breath I can deal with but shitty stone breath wont work for me" That made me laugh! lol.They werent working for me either.


Totally agree with you tho, its like no 1 on this site is getting relief from tonsil removal at all. Its one of th reasons why I was dubious about the procedure but each of us knows our bodies and I just knew the stink was connected with that area. I must admit I havent tried all of the BB remedies that most people do on here but this is probably because I didnt see the need. I have no PND, my teeth and gums are healthy, my oral hygiene is great, I have no history of allergy apart from hayfever and I dont believe my problem is digestion related. I guess you and I are tonsilectomy guinea pigs! :D

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:37 pm
by emotional rescue
HappyDays wrote: Whats strange is there is another site where everyone discusses tonsil stones and most there have gotten relief after getting tonsils remove. Like 90% of them easily see the difference but here its like no one is getting relief no matter what.
Hi,

What is that other site?