Page 1 of 1

Update - Allergies

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:36 pm
by emotional rescue
Well i didn´t found the last topic about allergies, but here´s my update:

I went to the allergiest for the results from the scrach test and a complete blood test.....and for my surprise....i don´t have anything!

I was sure that i got some allergy, because of my pnd, and that i get notice that is way more active when i´m outside than when i´m at my house.

But results i´m not, in fact, the guy explained to me that in the final test, they get like an average number to know how much allergic someone is, and mine give 21.
And he explained that to be considered an allergic person you got to get at least 100....
Regarding to the blood test, all ok, all normal...

So i don´t know, he send me again to another ent to check some sinus infection or something cause the pnd exist....

And he gave me a nasal spray, to try to dry the nose the most possible that i alrready tried for one month with very good results....The name of the drug is ¨mometasona¨(in spanish, don´t know in english) but the good new is that this spray has not have side effects and could be used for 15 years in a row if it´s needed, he said....

Re: Update - Allergies

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:46 am
by noptical
emotional rescue wrote:And he explained that to be considered an allergic person you got to get at least 100....
You got to be kidding :lol: This guy is obviously doesn't know what he's talking about. Sensitivity to 1 allergen is enough to be called "allergic" since you have an allergic reaction when that allergen enters your body.

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:47 am
by emotional rescue
yeah, it should, but i´m not allergyc to any allergen,

from what i saw, i don´t get the minimum levels in any allergen

Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:25 am
by noptical
emotional rescue wrote:yeah, it should, but i´m not allergyc to any allergen,

from what i saw, i don´t get the minimum levels in any allergen
uh I think i misread your post.... I thought your doc told you that you need to be allergic to at least 100 allergens to be considered allergic...

Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:04 pm
by emotional rescue
Another thing that i asked, is if rhinits with pnd (that is what i have) is a common thing and if it´s always related to bad breath, and he said that is a common thing to have, but most of people don´t have bb for that,

so, the pnd helps to feed anaerobic bacteria, but the bottom line still is why we have this overgrowht of bacteria/inbalanced flora in our mouth....

Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:49 pm
by Busted
Plus brushing your tongue will never remove the smell completely. It only helps a little so the problem isn't just oral-related.

Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:40 pm
by noptical
Busted wrote:Plus brushing your tongue will never remove the smell completely. It only helps a little so the problem isn't just oral-related.
It helps me a LOT ;) Seriously all I do is brush my tongue with a TUNG brush (without tung gel) and rinse my nose with a saline solution 2 times a day and my breath is fantastic for a couple of hours and not so bad afterwards. My tongue became more soft and now I can even scrape that white crap with a plain toothbrush. A PLAIN toothbrush makes my tongue pink... Though I still use the tung brush for deeper and better cleaning. I LOVE THIS THING.

Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:41 am
by elliott
noptical wrote:
Busted wrote:Plus brushing your tongue will never remove the smell completely. It only helps a little so the problem isn't just oral-related.
It helps me a LOT ;) Seriously all I do is brush my tongue with a TUNG brush (without tung gel) and rinse my nose with a saline solution 2 times a day and my breath is fantastic for a couple of hours and not so bad afterwards. My tongue became more soft and now I can even scrape that white crap with a plain toothbrush. A PLAIN toothbrush makes my tongue pink... Though I still use the tung brush for deeper and better cleaning. I LOVE THIS THING.
you and autuser should compare symptoms, procedures, etc. I think you 2 have similar problems that can be cured by simple mouth cleansing. Most of us others here don't have it that good, unfortunately. That's why we keep going back and forth about the effectiveness of smartmouth and tung brushes. I can't fathom why these things work for you guys, but then again you both keep explaining how mouth cleansing twice a day keeps the BB away.

I can clean my mouth 24 times a day and still have the same BB. If I could manage my breath by scraping...well, I could live with that.

Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:21 pm
by noptical
Elliot my bb case is not as simple as it sounds. If I don't brush my tongue with the tung brush for a long time my bb becomes HORRIBLE again though since I started using the TUNG brush even when I stop using it for a long time it is not as bad as when I stopped scraping with a plain tongue scraper. Also I have to rinse my nose with a saline solution to wash out mucous that's been stuck there, dust allergens etc.

Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:14 am
by HappyDays
does rinsing with saline rinse really help for those with chronic bb from nose? if I use a saline type spray it doesn't seem to help at all. I haven't tried a nasal rinse but don't think it will work. I can buy nedmed nasal rinse if someone thinks it actually works.

I desperately need to find some relief from my nose bb. this type of life really stinks...no pun intended hahaha.

Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:40 am
by elliott
noptical wrote:Elliot my bb case is not as simple as it sounds. If I don't brush my tongue with the tung brush for a long time my bb becomes HORRIBLE again though since I started using the TUNG brush even when I stop using it for a long time it is not as bad as when I stopped scraping with a plain tongue scraper. Also I have to rinse my nose with a saline solution to wash out mucous that's been stuck there, dust allergens etc.
I hear you Nop. I'm not trying to make light of your situation. I'm just a tad bit jealous that you can control your breath for a few hours!

Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:45 pm
by noptical
elliott wrote:
noptical wrote:Elliot my bb case is not as simple as it sounds. If I don't brush my tongue with the tung brush for a long time my bb becomes HORRIBLE again though since I started using the TUNG brush even when I stop using it for a long time it is not as bad as when I stopped scraping with a plain tongue scraper. Also I have to rinse my nose with a saline solution to wash out mucous that's been stuck there, dust allergens etc.
I hear you Nop. I'm not trying to make light of your situation. I'm just a tad bit jealous that you can control your breath for a few hours!
My breath was horrible and I thought I there was no way to control but THANKS GOD (or oceanside :D ) I found TUNG brush, I praise it all the time because it gave my life back. After using it for one year I can tell the difference. It helped me from the first days but now its even better. My tongue is much smoother and not as hairy and bacteria friendly as it was before. Even if I don't use it for weeks my breath is still manageable e.g. its been a month now since I used it last time because I forgot it at home and now I'm in a different country and all I do to clean my tongue is brush it with a plain toothbrush after I brush my teeth. This was impossible a year ago, a plain toothbrush would not clean it at all, now it makes it pink :) I just love this thing. I finally found something that will keep my bb at bay while I look for the cure.
Of course this is not enough, if I don't rinse my nose after a few days a foul smell comes from my nose (which of course is completely different from the one that comes from the mouth) but that's because I have lots of allergies and allergic rhinitis.

Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:53 am
by waitingforrelief
noptical wrote: My breath was horrible and I thought I there was no way to control but THANKS GOD (or oceanside :D ) I found TUNG brush, I praise it all the time because it gave my life back. After using it for one year I can tell the difference. It helped me from the first days but now its even better. My tongue is much smoother and not as hairy and bacteria friendly as it was before. Even if I don't use it for weeks my breath is still manageable e.g. its been a month now since I used it last time because I forgot it at home and now I'm in a different country and all I do to clean my tongue is brush it with a plain toothbrush after I brush my teeth. This was impossible a year ago, a plain toothbrush would not clean it at all, now it makes it pink :) I just love this thing. I finally found something that will keep my bb at bay while I look for the cure.
Of course this is not enough, if I don't rinse my nose after a few days a foul smell comes from my nose (which of course is completely different from the one that comes from the mouth) but that's because I have lots of allergies and allergic rhinitis.
that's interesting as the more i rinse my nose, the more i seem to be able to smell an odor inside of my sinuses... ?