I wish I had a way to know if and when I have bad breath.
If it gets better after brushing my teeth.
If it gets better after eating.
If it improves after eating specific foods or avoiding specific foods.
I would like my halitometer to use at home
I read online that some research centers have used mx6 multigas detectors.
I think this is the model.
https://www.indsci.com/en/gas-detectors/multi/mx6-ibrid
I found some online stores to buy it. It costs around 3000 dollars / euros, or so.
Do you think it's madness to buy it?
Then I would really like someone to give me the instructions to take the measurements correctly.
Who could I ask?
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Buy a multigas detector
Re: Buy a multigas detector
Interesting and expensive!telpar wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:14 pm I wish I had a way to know if and when I have bad breath.
If it gets better after brushing my teeth.
If it gets better after eating.
If it improves after eating specific foods or avoiding specific foods.
I would like my halitometer to use at home
I read online that some research centers have used mx6 multigas detectors.
I think this is the model.
https://www.indsci.com/en/gas-detectors/multi/mx6-ibrid
I found some online stores to buy it. It costs around 3000 dollars / euros, or so.
Do you think it's madness to buy it?
Then I would really like someone to give me the instructions to take the measurements correctly.
Who could I ask?
Madnesss? Not necessarily.
Who to ask? A chemical engineer?
Re: Buy a multigas detector
It is an industrial purpose instrument which I believe can be adapted for purpose by using it to analyze syringe-injected air samples.
But I'm not sure.
Also I don't know the correct procedure.
I don't think it's a simple thing.
We need help to do it.
But I'm not sure.
Also I don't know the correct procedure.
I don't think it's a simple thing.
We need help to do it.
Re: Buy a multigas detector
I wonder if Industrial Scientific has a techntelpar wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:01 am It is an industrial purpose instrument which I believe can be adapted for purpose by using it to analyze syringe-injected air samples.
But I'm not sure.
Also I don't know the correct procedure.
I don't think it's a simple thing.
We need help to do it.
Re: Buy a multigas detector
I wonder if Industrial Scientific has a technical sales rep? I mean one who might be able and willing to answer or at least investigate your questions.telpar wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:01 am It is an industrial purpose instrument which I believe can be adapted for purpose by using it to analyze syringe-injected air samples.
But I'm not sure.
Also I don't know the correct procedure.
I don't think it's a simple thing.
We need help to do it.
Re: Buy a multigas detector
Mx6 has many sensor combination.
So we should to know exactly which sensors we need.
Then, how to colletct the air sample.
How to calibrate the machine.
Ecc.
It's difficult..
So we should to know exactly which sensors we need.
Then, how to colletct the air sample.
How to calibrate the machine.
Ecc.
It's difficult..
Re: Buy a multigas detector
I'm still looking for information
I think I have understood which sensors to equipe the mx6 multigas detector
1) Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) Range 0 to 150 ppm
2) Ammonia NH3 Range 0 to 500 ppm
3) VOCs (general) (PID) - 10.6 eV PhotoIonization
4) Hydrogen Sulfide H2S - Range 0 to 500 ppm
5) Hydrogen (H2) Range 0 to 2,000 ppm
If I would know that purchasing the product I would be able to test my own breath to get precious insight about the origin of my bad breath, I would purchase it immediately.
Unfortunately it looks to be a very difficult machine to use for my purpose. I dont' have the necessary techinical preparation and knowledge.
I think I have understood which sensors to equipe the mx6 multigas detector
1) Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) Range 0 to 150 ppm
2) Ammonia NH3 Range 0 to 500 ppm
3) VOCs (general) (PID) - 10.6 eV PhotoIonization
4) Hydrogen Sulfide H2S - Range 0 to 500 ppm
5) Hydrogen (H2) Range 0 to 2,000 ppm
If I would know that purchasing the product I would be able to test my own breath to get precious insight about the origin of my bad breath, I would purchase it immediately.
Unfortunately it looks to be a very difficult machine to use for my purpose. I dont' have the necessary techinical preparation and knowledge.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.