Page 1 of 1

Coated tongue

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:25 am
by Mackenzie
Anyone have a coated / hairy tongue that looks like this. It can also be white or black.

Anyone have a cure or how to get rid of it, scraping doesn't do the job unfortunately.

Re: Coated tongue

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:28 pm
by Hejhej
Have you tried urea or bleach? It seems to have worked for some.

Re: Coated tongue

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:23 pm
by Mackenzie
I am going to give urea a go, I have ordered some.
I'm not sure about bleach, I will see with the urea first.

Do you have hairy tongue?

Re: Coated tongue

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:31 am
by JKL12134
Have you tried baking soda? It works for me. It's the only thing that saves me from oral bb. Good thing, it's cheap.

Re: Coated tongue

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:47 am
by Mackenzie
Yh, but it does not completely remove the coating on the tongue, just freshens it

Re: Coated tongue

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:34 am
by Jimi Stein
Mackenzie wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:25 am Anyone have a coated / hairy tongue that looks like this. It can also be white or black.

Anyone have a cure or how to get rid of it, scraping doesn't do the job unfortunately.
if you scrape with nail, do you get a lot of gunk behind the nail?
if I scrape mine I get lots of freaking gunk

Re: Coated tongue

Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:18 am
by Beast
Maybe you have thrush

Re: Coated tongue

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:34 pm
by Anne2323
Hello. That’s most likely candida. You probably have oral thrush. Go to an ENT, you’ll be prescribed some fluconazole probably. It should go away in a few weeks.

*my story with oral thrush *
Had my 4 wisdom teeth removed in 2 surgeries. I had to take antibiotics for 5 days each time and each time my tongue got those white hairs, not as extreme as yours, but they were there. I took 2 fluconazole pills, 5 days apart (please, don’t order online and go to an actual doctor to get a prescription) and it was gone.