THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Browser Extension that store raeded threads

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
minimalist
Total Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:01 pm
Gender:

Browser Extension that store raeded threads

Post by minimalist »

Lately I was reading many threads using the search function with different keywords. I came across a problem: I noticed that I was reading the same threads repeatedly, but I only realized this when I was halfway through the post. So, I decided to write a browser extension that would tell me when I have already read a thread.

Perhaps this could be useful for others as well, so I decided to publish it.

How it works:

In threads:

Image

In search results:

Image

It's all done automatically, when you visit a thread it will be stored on your browser local storage indefinitely and you will see the above messages.

Other options:

Image

Import: To import a list of threads (by id). Useful to pass threads across browsers or devices.
Export: Download the list of current readed threads to import them elsewhere.
Clear Thread List: Clear the current list of threads stored in the browser.

Download and Install:

Firefox:
You can install it from the addons mozilla store here: https://addons.mozilla.org/it/firefox/a ... collector/

It works on mobile too.

Chrome/Brave:
For chrome, as the upload to store is behind a paywall you will nedd to download the .zip version here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/3chw8s24 ... t.zip/file

- Exctract the zip file
- Go to chrome://extensions/
- Enable developer mode in the top right corner of the page
- Click "Load Unpacked" in the top left corner
- Navigate to the unzipped folder on the extension and upload it

Chrome and brave doesn't support mobile extensions so it can't be used there.

Source code:

https://github.com/minimalistbb/bbthreadrecollector

Notes:

Let me know if you find any bug or unhandled error.
If you have any feature suggestion write it in this thread.

For javascript developers that will read the code: I'm sorry guys I wrote it in like 2/3 hours and I've (almost) never used js before so the code is probably bad.
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗