THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Why does stress make it worse?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Anne2323
Junior
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:31 pm

Why does stress make it worse?

Post by Anne2323 »

I had an stressful exam today. Did my scraping, brushing everything routine and went to college. The exam was 2 hours long, I called an uber afterwards and went home. The uber driver had a really bad reaction when I talked, covered his nose instantly, started coughing and immediately opened the window.

I never get those reactions two hours after my routine. Also, I could feel my tongue was ‘dirty’ I guess- I think you guys know what I’m talking about- I don’t have tongue coating but when I wake up I have some white build-up on my tongue that I can scrape easily.

I remember I had an oral exam last year and I could feel my tongue getting ‘dirty’ , just a weird feeling on my tongue. -stressful exam-

So it is related to stress somehow but why? Is it tmau? I haven’t been tested- the odor isn’t fishy -

Any ideas why stress makes it worse? Could you help me identify the cause of my bad breath?
Redazzz
Newbie
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:38 am
Gender:

Re: Why does stress make it worse?

Post by Redazzz »

The most easy link is stress dry your mouth and lower saliva levels increase your bb but can be anything else, if you don't have a diagnosis is hard to tell.
Anne2323
Junior
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:31 pm

Re: Why does stress make it worse?

Post by Anne2323 »

Thank you!
spyr
Newbie
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:23 am

Re: Why does stress make it worse?

Post by spyr »

Redazzz wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:04 pm The most easy link is stress dry your mouth and lower saliva levels increase your bb but can be anything else, if you don't have a diagnosis is hard to tell.
It's actually true, but it might be even deeper than that.

I have room filling bb and sometimes when there are strong reactions I try to relax by calming my breathing with my diaphragm, and the reactions almost disappear.

But the thing is it's so difficult to relax when people are reacting to your bb.
rema
Total Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:46 pm

Re: Why does stress make it worse?

Post by rema »

Dry mouth in a stressful situation happens to everyone.

We have to maintain good hydration.
2 litres per day minimum.
It’s handy to have sugar and mint free gum on hand.
(eg strawberry/berry)
Please see my previous posts on:
NutriBiotic Sinus Nasal Spray with Grapefruit Seed Extract -
It really is amazing. Thoughts with all on this family great forum!🥰
Anne2323
Junior
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:31 pm

Re: Why does stress make it worse?

Post by Anne2323 »

rema wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:43 pm Please see my previous posts on:
NutriBiotic Sinus Nasal Spray with Grapefruit Seed Extract -
It really is amazing.
Not sure if this is some kind of product placement but I’ve seen your posts and I want to try a nasal spray with grapefruit seed extract- not the one from NutriBiotic though. My nose is always stuffy.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗