Page 1 of 2

Whats an effective way to test your breath without the help

Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:37 am
by Fac
Whats an effective way to test your breath,

without the help of a human nose?

ThankYou.

Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:50 am
by HappyDays
there are lots of ways people supposedly smell their breath but I have never been able to smell my own consistently. I get backdraft sometimes and get a quick whiff but nothing substantial.

this is a difficult thing to do if you ask me. I'm sure there will be some suggestions shortly.

you may want to try the lick the wrist method where you lick your wrist and wait a few seconds then smel it but its never worked for me.

Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:08 am
by Fac
I need something that is very effective, because i think i might be cured.. I have been experimenting, with a new product that have came across... And when i use at night before i go to bed,then wake up in the moring.. I literly have no moring breath basically, i tested my breath by licking my wrist, and i coundt smell nothing really in the moring... I was shocked ,Before when i was useing other products, and i would wake up and lick the back of my writst, it would stank like shit.. Now i dont really nothing, i think i might be closed to being cured.... Im still not sure, thats wby i need an effective method, of testing my breath.... When i talk to people at work, i see no signs of my breath smelling, such as facial expression, rubing of the nose, or any tell tell sings... Lets hope and pray..

Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:10 am
by austuser
just ask someone. dont you have any friends? Friends dont care

Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:31 pm
by emotional rescue
Good for you,

what product is that??

Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:41 pm
by Busted
HappyDays wrote:you may want to try the lick the wrist method where you lick your wrist and wait a few seconds then smel it but its never worked for me.
Yea, but fac said without the help of a human nose. The lick wrist thing is unaccurate btw, because everyone's saliva has a smell.

And if u ask your friend, he still has to use his nose.

But bad breath is only a problem because humans have a nose. So off course there's no other way to test it.

Flossing Method

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:02 am
by Need A Cure
I use the dental floss sticks, and floss the last three teeth on my top row to check my BB. If it's extremely bad I can smell it, but other than that I'm unable to detect it.

Re: Flossing Method

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:26 am
by elliott
Need A Cure wrote:I use the dental floss sticks, and floss the last three teeth on my top row to check my BB. If it's extremely bad I can smell it, but other than that I'm unable to detect it.
That smell isn't an clear indication. That's just rotten food stuck in the section of the teeth where you chew the most. I know BB free people that have said their teeth stink when they don't floss. The smell is the same smell though, almost nauseating.

Re: Flossing Method

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:07 pm
by FullOfHope
elliott wrote:[ I know BB free people that have said their teeth stink when they don't floss. The smell is the same smell though, almost nauseating.
You make me laugh elliott !!!!
Your reference to "BB FREE PEOPLE" as if they are some other kind of life form.
Hey have you ever thought, maybe they are - maybe they're the aliens and we're all just quite normal !!!!!!

Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:54 am
by Fac
Have anyone tried scrapping their tunge with with a spoon far back on their tunge? I heard thats works very well..

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:49 am
by Fac
anymore?

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:17 pm
by elliott
Fac wrote:anymore?
search the forum for TUNG.

Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:21 am
by TIREDOFIT
Fac what are you using?????

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:43 am
by greenman
yeah lol I was wonder the same thing.

btw tiredofit you mentioned that you came to a dead end on HH/Gerd. do you think this is not the cause?

I read a post of someones husband being cured by removing polyps from the nose. the smell of the polyps she mentioned was fecal and that is how mines is. maybe my issue is the same.

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:56 am
by TIREDOFIT
I think my HH might be the cause, but they do not recommend surgery because it causes some people to have very bad gas pain after eating. I'm not so sure I want to deal with that pain right now - especially if I got the surgery and found out it wasn't the cause - so that is my last resort now.