THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Coating on tongue that does not go away

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Mackenzie
Total Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:05 am

Coating on tongue that does not go away

Post by Mackenzie »

Hi,

So I'm sure a lot of people on this forum have a coating of bacteria/ gunk on their tongue, that will not go away - no matter how much you scrape it off. It still persists. For me this coating is a yellow colour, for others it is a whiteish colour.

What I believe this to be is a condition called hairy tongue - caused by elongated filiform papillae of the tongue, that do not shed properly. These elongated papillae act like a velcro strap for bacteria, dead skin etc...

I would like to know does anyone have any experience with getting rid of these elongated papillae.
Mackenzie
Total Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:05 am

Re: Coating on tongue that does not go away

Post by Mackenzie »

These hairs become keratinized (I believe), so my approach would be to dekeratinize the tongue. There are many people on this forum that have had mixed results.

I am planning to try these dekeratnizing agents (urea, salycinic acid....)
Ali M.
Total Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:00 pm

Re: Coating on tongue that does not go away

Post by Ali M. »

I have silent GERD, if I cure it the white tongue goes away after 1-2 weeks, but never completely.
Julián.free
Newbie
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:47 am

Re: Coating on tongue that does not go away

Post by Julián.free »

Acid reflux
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗