THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

MULTIPLE CURE

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
survivor974
Total Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:09 am

MULTIPLE CURE

Post by survivor974 »

I’ve never posted in this group before, even though I’ve been reading it for years and years. I’ve learned a lot here. I’ve been cured for many years now, thank God. For years, I kept telling myself that one day I would share my tips to help others. This time, I’m finally doing it. Step by step, cause by cause.

To get straight to the point, as everyone knows, bad breath can have multiple origins.

• Oral causes: Teeth

I had what I would call "hidden" cavities. I went through multiple appointments with different dentists—X-rays, scans, check-ups, professional cleanings, the whole package. Every dentist told me the same thing: my teeth were perfectly healthy.

But I knew something was wrong. Whenever I flossed around certain teeth, there was a bad smell. One day, after a mouth infection, I insisted that my dentist investigate further. He opened the tooth to check. I could see the surprise and confusion on his face. My tooth was literally rotten from the inside, even though the X-rays and scans showed nothing.

In the end, the tooth had to undergo root canal treatment all the way down to the root over several appointments because the damage was so extensive.

I had the same taste coming from another tooth, and I literally asked to have it removed.

=> Listen to your body. If flossing around a tooth produces a bad odor, that is not normal. Having that tooth removed and pushing my dentist to treat the other one reduced my problem by about 30%.

• ENT causes: Tonsils and adenoids

In addition to the dental issue, I sometimes had small white lumps coming up from my throat. Several ENT specialists told me my tonsils looked normal and that there was nothing to do about these lumps—they were supposedly "physiological."

Once again, I insisted on having my tonsils removed.

When I woke up from surgery, my ENT specialist admitted that he had rarely seen anything like it. Both of my tonsils were completely infected on the inside, even though they looked normal from the outside.

=> If you regularly get tonsil stones or white lumps from your throat, consider your tonsils as a possible cause. Removing mine reduced my problem by another 30%.

• Stomach issues

I regularly suffered from acid reflux, and my chest around the sternum felt like it was burning all the time. Stress obviously didn't help.

I insisted that my doctor prescribe PPIs (proton pump inhibitors), which reduced my stomach acidity. I still take a low dose every day.

=> This helped reduce acidity and, I think, had a psychological effect as well. About 10% improvement.

• Metabolism

I am convinced that I have difficulty digesting certain substances. After reading posts here about TMAU, I decided to remove everything from my diet that could potentially worsen it.

No fish. No shellfish. Nothing from the sea.

It's not easy in everyday life, but I've been doing it for four years now, and I probably won't eat seafood again anytime soon.

=> Everyone is different, but for me this was one of the best decisions I made. About 20% improvement.

• The remaining 10%

The last 10% comes from a combination of factors: stress, diet (garlic, onions, pork, etc.), and a breathing technique that keeps the airflow directed toward the back of the throat also helps. Most importantly, I've learned that everyone experiences bad breath from time to time.

• Getting out of the paranoia was the hardest part

That was by far the most difficult challenge.

Today, by brushing my teeth twice a day, flossing daily, avoiding seafood, exercising regularly, and reducing my stress levels, I live a normal life.

I would also encourage each of you to do some inner work on yourselves. For me, it involved an important spiritual journey that helped me take control of my life and gave me the determination to push doctors to investigate further and perform the treatments that ultimately helped me.

I became a believer, and I honestly don't know how much that affected my morale, motivation, and self-confidence, but the impact was far greater than I could ever imagine.

For me, this involved an important spiritual journey that helped me take control of my life and gave me the determination to push doctors to investigate further and do what ultimately needed to be done.

If I could give only one piece of advice, it would be this: seek God, and He will find you and show you the path you need to take toward your healing.


Best Wishes
Longtime
Newbie
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:18 pm

Re: MULTIPLE CURE

Post by Longtime »

Amen
Rissa18
Total Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:42 pm

Re: MULTIPLE CURE

Post by Rissa18 »

Hi, are you completely cured? I have the same issue like yours, I have stinky floss on my upper molar, sometimes it has smell, sometimes i see a like a light green creamy paste when i floss on my molars. I have 5 teeth removed on my upper mouth, I am afraid to get another tooth to be remove again, unless I am sure that is the culprit of my BB. Also, my tonsils crypts is somehow swollen to. I use waterpik once in a while to clean it. I got Black stones removed last february by using waterpik, but still I have BB.

Thanks a lot for posting your story. I hope to hear an update from you.
survivor974
Total Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:09 am

Re: MULTIPLE CURE

Post by survivor974 »

Yes i'm cured. Sometimes i have light BB but like everyone in the morning or after eating garlic or so

If it stink when you floss, there is something there, it is not normal...

Waterpik help a bit, but you don't know what is hidden there... + Black stone seems a lot..
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗