Page 1 of 1
BB free but not sure why
Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2024 9:54 am
by Wiener_Schnitzel33
Hi fellow sufferers,
I've been dealing with halitosis since I was 15, experiencing an extreme odor from both my mouth and nose, which smells like feces — rated 10 out of 10 in intensity. Recently, I fasted for four days, drinking only water and noticed that the odor completely disappeared. This remained the case on days 5 and 6 as well. What conclusions can be drawn from this experience? Also, does anyone know if the odor will return once I resume eating?
I don't have a gluten allergy, fructose, lactose intolerance, or SIBO, as I've been tested for these.
Thanks in advance.
Matt
Re: BB free but not sure why
Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2024 11:19 pm
by hopelovefaith
Carbohydrate is a big culprit . Eat more meat.
Re: BB free but not sure why
Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2024 11:22 pm
by hopelovefaith
Buy lots of tamarind candies and supplements “Potential antibacterial and anti-halitosis activity of medicinal plants against oral ...
by DJ Veloso · 2020 · Cited by 53 — (Tamarind) against oral microorganisms (e.g., Fusobacterium nucleatum, Porphyromonas gingivalis, Prevotella intermedia, and Parvimonas micra) that produce ...”
Re: BB free but not sure why
Posted: Sun Jul 28, 2024 11:23 pm
by StillHopeful
The same thing happened to me went I fasted for almost 72 hours. The BB went down to a 3/10 but a few days after the fast it went back to normal.
I too wonder why.
Re: BB free but not sure why
Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2024 7:53 am
by Wiener_Schnitzel33
Hi HopeLoveFaith,
Thanks for the suggestion! I'm going to try the tamarind candies and supplements. I already eat a lot of meat, haha. I honestly don't think the issue is oral; I suspect it might be related to my stomach or gut, since I can detect the smell deep in my throat by using a cotton swab and sniffing it afterward.
Also, thanks to StillHopeful for your reply. Do you also experience non-acid reflux, like frequent burping?
I'll keep you updated if it is permanent or not.
Re: BB free but not sure why
Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2024 10:06 pm
by Longtime
Do you guys have any allergy symptoms. I found this website. Look at bad breath animation and allergic inflammation video.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hF_haTIMO ... p=2AF_kAIB
Re: BB free but not sure why
Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2024 10:25 am
by Wiener_Schnitzel33
hello longtime,
Thank you for sharing this video with us. In my case, my lungs are absolutely healthy, as I had them checked. I believe the improvement in my condition can be attributed to three possible reasons:
Oral Microbiome: The microbiome in my mouth and further in my throat may have improved, as the absence of food likely reduced harmful bacteria.
Reflux: The reduction in reflux may have allowed my stomach to heal.
Undetected SIBO: With no food intake, there may have been less bacterial overgrowth in my small intestine.
I plan to wait a few more days before sharing my complete story including this possible solution. The only thing that still concerns me is the persistent green coating on my tongue, which I can reduce but not completely eliminate. While the taste in my mouth remains unusual, it no longer smells like feces or, if it does, the odor is much less noticeable.